One of the folks in our office has been and said it was better than she expected. For what that's worth. You know, it's the same group as 975 (Troy Guard, chef), and I know rlm likes 975, so maybe she has checked it out.

Thanks guys. The menu definitely seems intriguing...it may be overpriced but I'm not paying so that doesn't matter this time.

RLM...it sounds like we need your input! :P

• 2 weeks later...

One of the folks in our office has been and said it was better than she expected. For what that's worth. You know, it's the same group as 975 (Troy Guard, chef), and I know rlm likes 975, so maybe she has checked it out.

Thanks guys. The menu definitely seems intriguing...it may be overpriced but I'm not paying so that doesn't matter this time.

RLM...it sounds like we need your input! :blink:

Erm...Sorry I didn't respond to this in time (and contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually dead), but I hope you had an excellent business meal here. I DO love Troy Guard's food (pleasepleaseplease, open a place in Boulder, Troy), although you're not getting me anywhere near his latest place (Oscar's) since I don't want a lap dance with my steak. Even if it was geared towards straight women and they brought back Michael Hutchence from the dead to slink around in a g-string in front of me, I don't think food would be on my mind at that point (winky, winky).

Hi all...sorry for the delay in posting. It has been effin' crazy at work. Anyway, had a great dinner at Ocean. First off, that space is something else, I can't imagine what it cost.

We had a set menu as we were in a private room.

I had:

Apps:

Calamari (very good, not as good as Capitol Grille's - they have the best in Denver IMHO)

Sizzling Hamachi - really tasty, very spicy

A seared tuna w/ peanut sauce and edamame - good fish, nice sauce.

First Course:

lobster tacos and steak tacos - I liked these, one of Guard's signature dishes, brought over from 975.

Salad:

Caesar - spicy (it was 'Southwest Style), but nice

Main:

Miso black cod - very good, really fresh and tender fish, the sauce was good too as was the relish of toms, edamame and Jerusalem artichokes.

Desert:

Key lime pie - this was just so-so, nothing to write home about.

The other thing that seems a bit odd are the sides...I mean the fries are very good, but it was a bit incongruous having 'steak house type' sides at a seafood place...maybe I'm not used to it. Also, the lobster mac-n-cheese was nothing to write home about.

That's all I've got...

Hoff

• 4 weeks later...

I guess there was no need to beg Chef Troy on this thread to open a place in Boulder, as the nine75 website has been revamped and now includes a note that since the first location has been so successful, "Troy and his team will soon be bringing their brand of city chic to a second nine75 in the Westminster suburbs."

Cool. It's not in Boulder proper, but at least it's up north. I will be able to more easily feed my addiction. Anyone know where they might be planning to put it? Or is mongo hacking their website and playing an elaborate joke on me?

We 'burb-dwellers might get confused, so perhaps Mr. Guard should call it Macaroni Nine75 Garden.

(And would anyone like to volunteer to finish dotting the i's and crossing the t's on our taxes for me so I can get off this $&%* computer?!)

Cool. It's not in Boulder proper, but at least it's up north. I will be able to more easily feed my addiction. Anyone know where they might be planning to put it?

RLM - It is supposed to be in the shopping center at the corner of 120th and Federal. They've been working on it a long time. The last time I drove by there was a sign that said opening in early May.

Hoff

we may have to check out this ocean place before we leave colorado. however, i am a little worried about the reference on the restaurant website to "interactive style dining"? i believe the question that comes to mind is "what the fuck?".

we may have to check out this ocean place before we leave colorado. however, i am a little worried about the reference on the restaurant website to "interactive style dining"? i believe the question that comes to mind is "what the fuck?".

After you select your seafood from the tank, you must wrestle it. Best 4 out of 7. Then you get to eat. :lol:

I'm trying to picture what shopping center this is. Is it close to the Ted's Superstation Montana Grill and all that jazz?

I love the name 'Ted's Superstation', that's some funny sh*t.

Anyway, this shopping center is about a mile or so east of Ted's on 120th, just a couple of intersections away. It is on the Northeast corner of the intersection of 120th and Federal. There's a Caribou coffee there, a bank (or two or three), and another new restaurant, Village Bistro, that I've heard pretty good things about.