Is this where 24K stands, leads the applause, and turns the house lights back up for everyone to exit safely?

I guess I missed my chance to yell "FIRE". Oh well, another time and another thread. (snicker)

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to you...the truth is that...for every woman like your boss, there are a dozen women who dont understand what is going on with them and wondering if there is something wrong with for feeling the way they do.

Where can we find evidence of that "truth" beyond your saying that it's so?

the problem is this..that there is a tendency to sift and pick(and i am not pointing a finger at you) from the bunch of people we know in our own personal circles rather than acknowledge and DISCUSS the cognitive/mood changes so that women can at least prepare for something that is a real issue. shruken brain sizes in post natal women is fodder for mockery..except that it seems to be happening. joking about it only trivialises the impact of that information/knowledge. on the other hand, mundane everyday/day-to-day exchanges with personal emotional components are blown up out of proportion and sold as 'intense pleasures'.

Point of clarification: are we talking temporarily shrunken or permanently shrunken? If the latter, given the generations of women who have given birth, wouldn't we expect that over time newborn females would be severely mentally handicapped?

Your Larmarckianism is showing. Acquired characteristics are not inherited.

In any case, my guess would be that brain shrinkage (if it is real) is a function of changes in hydration and would therefore be reversible.

I know, the giraffe didn't stretch his neck and pass it on. Lamarck was wrong, Darwin was right. But if generation after generation of mothers have shrunken brains--in fact starting with the very first mother....

the problem is this..that there is a tendency to sift and pick(and i am not pointing a finger at you) from the bunch of people we know in our own personal circles rather than acknowledge and DISCUSS the cognitive/mood changes so that women can at least prepare for something that is a real issue. shruken brain sizes in post natal women is fodder for mockery..except that it seems to be happening. joking about it only trivialises the impact of that information/knowledge. on the other hand, mundane everyday/day-to-day exchanges with personal emotional components are blown up out of proportion and sold as 'intense pleasures'.

Point of clarification: are we talking temporarily shrunken or permanently shrunken? If the latter, given the generations of women who have given birth, wouldn't we expect that over time newborn females would be severely mentally handicapped?

In any case, my guess would be that brain shrinkage (if it is real) is a function of changes in hydration and would therefore be reversible.

I know, the giraffe didn't stretch his neck and pass it on. Lamarck was wrong, Darwin was right. But if generation after generation of mothers have shrunken brains--in fact starting with the very first mother....

they are not born with shrunken brains. there is no selective advantage.

It could be like jeans: pre-shrunk.

what the heck! why not?

to lex: why dont you start a mouthfuls mothers poll and find out?

back to you...the truth is that...for every woman like your boss, there are a dozen women who dont understand what is going on with them and wondering if there is something wrong with for feeling the way they do.

Where can we find evidence of that "truth" beyond your saying that it's so?

to lex: why dont you start a mouthfuls mothers poll and find out?

I'll take your reply as evidence that you've got nothing to support your claimed 1 to 12 ratio of accomplished mothers vs. underachieving and confused "breeders." I thought so.

Acid-washed!

I don't get this business about people turning into world-class bores. I like children. I like being around them. I like talking about them and talking with them and watching them and doing their activities with them. I don't find all of that boring - quite the opposite. I love it when my friends have kids - more kids for me to know and love and participate in.

I don't get this business about people turning into world-class bores. I like children. I like being around them. I like talking about them and talking with them and watching them and doing their activities with them. I don't find all of that boring - quite the opposite. I love it when my friends have kids - more kids for me to know and love and participate in.

It's sort of like cliches. They are true but do you want to hear them over and over? Maybe there are only so many possible scripts people have for having kids. It just seems you get the same story from them all (and I am one) as the child passes through various phases. Also, any caring parent generally has less time to keep up with things in the world so there's a decline in the quality of their small talk--unless he was a dolt to begin with.

It's sort of like cliches. They are true but do you want to hear them over and over? Maybe there are only so many possible scripts people have for having kids. It just seems you get the same story from them all (and I am one) as the child passes through various phases. Also, any caring parent generally has less time to keep up with things in the world so there's a decline in the quality of their small talk--unless he was a dolt to begin with.

That really depends on the person. It's not fair to say that any caring parent has less time to keep up with things in the word. There are plenty of very caring parents who work full time and keep up with the world just fine.

I mean - do I want to hear about Shake Shack over and over? Actually.....yes. Every person has a different perspective.

That really depends on the person. It's not fair to say that any caring parent has less time to keep up with things in the word. There are plenty of very caring parents who work full time and keep up with the world just fine.

I mean - do I want to hear about Shake Shack over and over? Actually.....yes. Every person has a different perspective.

1. Life isn't fair.

2. Look longingly into my eyes and tell me about the Shake Shack.... Over and over and over. I'll have whatever you're having. :P