So I'm bending the "no religion" rule to beg each of you that actually has a religion to please say a prayer to whichever deity you honor to give me strength.

That could take mongo and FB several years.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in another case, i pay taxes. those with a zillion children also pay taxes. they benefit from the school system, but my tax dollars end up supporting the education of their children.

They also educate the generation that's going to be running things when you're too old and sick and quite likely too clueless to be having any effect on the world whatsoever.

this is not an argument to deflect the fact that the childless citizens pay for those who choose to have children. your kids are certainly not going to be looking after me when i am 'too old and sick and quite likely too clueless to be having any effect on the world whatsoever'. or are you offering?

I'd assume you'd like that generation of leaders to at least be well-educated.

well..what i would really like is to have parents take the responsibility of providing their children with a stellar education. if they cannot afford it, they should probably rethink their decision to have children.

how many presidents of this country came from the public education system?

well, there was that dumbass Abe Lincoln. Too bad you weren't around to tell his parents not to have kids if they could not afford stellar private schools.

i believe the state sponsered education began after the 1840s while abe lincoln was born a good 30-35 years earlier.

you can't stop can you?

I've tried previously, and it hasn't gone well.

I'm bending the "no religion" rule to beg each of you that actually has a religion to please say a prayer to whichever deity you honor to give me strength.

You got it. You have done very well. I pray for everyone here. And it must be working. Look, a miracle! Wilfrid captured a photo of Rancho Gordo celebrating his New World and all his supplicants.

But can't we empirically observe our own emotions (maybe not thoughts) by feeling them? If empirical involves use of senses, then I can be certain of my emotions. I think.

Deserves it's own thread. I don't think we hear/see/smell/taste our emotions. Is the sense of touch involved? Arguably, for some emotions associated with highly agitated body-states.

Is it a 'own thread' yet?

We feel a painful lump in our throat, see the world fuzzily through tears, our hearts expand with joy, we may quite literally die from a broken heart, we feel cold lead in our stomach, we sweat bullets, we heave, crap in our pants - Oh I believe our emotions most definitely manifest themselves physically.

it's just so sad to see how convoluted you all twist this... with that said, the idea that academics falls apart around the same thme that hormones kick in...duh???

ah, Brangelina..the new one is beautiful..how can one object to their glorious diversity? dark, medium, white..blond, brown, black...round, squinted, slanted...its all good. Better if the prettiest woman in Hollywood loves you...but if she inspires the dumpiest woman in

Pittsburgh to do the same, then its double good.

And double the lucky kids... Angelina's might be a wonderful writer, but Pittsburg's kid might change astrophysics. Or genetics..or cure your kids disease. Let it go...all love is good love and Angelinas love won't hurt any of us.