• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised it took more than half the piece before he got to the expected apologia on behalf of the owners:

The recent rat scandal has led to dozens of restaurant closings in New York City, some forced and some voluntary. Such closings, even if they are short-term, can be devastating to a restaurant’s business. The restaurants, which often operate on razor-thin profit margins, lose income for days or weeks, and suffer public humiliation as well.

Apart from the omission of the supposition that rats will spread whatever pathogens they encounter in the trash they pass through -- if they eat and excrete something contaminated with eColi, they spread it -- the piece was not that far off the mark.

BTW: anyone else remember Rat, a former eG member? "Me no likee truffle oil." :P

I am reminded of a tale told by a couple of friends who travelled together on business. One used to insist that they eat at a certain restaurant in Florence because it served the best ravioli he had ever eaten. One year they arrived for a much-anticipated dinner only the find the place closed, shut down for using rat meat in their ravioli. :P What you don't know can't etc.

There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?

There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go?

I'm gonna fix that rat that's what I'm gonna do,

I'm gonna fix that rat.

My husband did that once in a house he rented. There was a rat in one of the kitchen drawers.

He fixed it with a sledgehammer.