• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, that was my take on it. I was thinking--is this article doing anything other than taking up space?

I saw it as purely an effort for Shaw to get his name in the newspaper by saying something outrageous - "you people shouldn't get that excited about a few rats." The actual content of the article was a secondary consideration.

You know, that was my take on it. I was thinking--is this article doing anything other than taking up space?

I saw it as purely an effort for Shaw to get his name in the newspaper by saying something outrageous - "you people shouldn't get that excited about a few rats." The actual content of the article was a secondary consideration.

The Ann Coulter of dining.

The Ann Coulter of dining.

ouch. when you're right, you're right.

Grand total of 10 posts on the NY eG forum discussing the article.

FG is arguing that the DoH is closing restaurants willy nilly following the rat incident. But if you look at the graph here, that FG even refers to, the rate of closings has been steadily going up over the last 2 years.

It may be the case that most food bourne illness is due to contamination by humans but that may be because that is the source hardest to control. It's easy to put down traps, it's not so easy to ensure that employees wash their hands.

...or pick their nose or dig around their teeth while working....yes I've seen both.Also spitting here and there...