What's in your DVR/TIVO queue

:P

I actually DVR Rome so I can watch it in HD which is not available on demand. Mongo was right about HD--it is so much better. The difference when watching sports--tennis and hockey spring to mind--is incredible.

The View. I love Rosie. Hate the cross talk. but love Rosie.

Jon Stewart. I usually delete it, but sometimes my son who is at U of Vt. refers to something, and so I can watch it and connect with him...priceless. Jon Stewart should get an award for bringing generations together.

Sometimes, I review the TCM list and then optimistically record some of the choices..I think I have All About Baby recorded for life...and all the Thin Man's...Asta is my hero.

Mongo was right about HD--it is so much better. The difference when watching sports--tennis and hockey spring to mind--is incredible.

amen. we went from horse and buggy to rocket ship in my house. about a year ago we bought a new hd lcd set and got rid of a 20-year-old sony. first couple of days, i'd have hdnet on for nature programs just because the picture was so good. i find the different is particularly striking with basketball because so many of the arenas are so poorly lit (come to think of it, probably the same for hockey).

interestingly, a friend who is an electronics writer brought over one of the blu-ray hd dvd players when they first came out and i didn't think the picture was much of an improvement over the $80 apex dvd player i've got hooked up.

Daily Show

Colbert Report

Jeopardy (I'm a freak, I know)

Lost

Gray's Anatomy

Amazing Race

Numb3rs

Dirt (really, really trashy. I'm hooked!)

Geez, I watch a lot of trash. I'm curious about where everyone gets their movies too.

Where do you get the movies?

TCM

HBO

Starz

Encore

Flix

IFC

Sundance

HD Net

etc. . .

New ones.

The Entertainer

Look Back in Anger

Five Easy Pieces

G--The Quatermas Experiment was shown on Turner Classic Movies at an odd hour. Original? I dunno. Brian Donlevy starred in it.

TCM

HBO

Starz

Encore

Flix

IFC

Sundance

HD Net

etc. . .

New ones.

The Entertainer

Look Back in Anger

Five Easy Pieces

G--The Quatermas Experiment was shown on Turner Classic Movies at an odd hour. Original? I dunno. Brian Donlevy starred in it.

Ah, I only get one of those channels. Most of my movies come from Netflix.

Back to Tivo, one of the things I like best is the Wish List. Of course mine is filled with movies starring Colin Firth, Vince Vaughn, Luke or Owen Wilson :P

TCM

HBO

Starz

Encore

Flix

IFC

Sundance

HD Net

etc. . .

New ones.

The Entertainer

Look Back in Anger

Five Easy Pieces

Ah, I only get one of those channels. Most of my movies come from Netflix.

Back to Tivo, one of the things I like best is the Wish List. Of course mine is filled with movies starring Colin Firth, Vince Vaughn, Luke or Owen Wilson :P

The FIOS TV movie package is a good one. A full array of HD channels, many sports channels, The usual fluffery and very comprehensive list of movie channels. Slots for around 1000 selections.

It is unfortunate that their on-demand library is about as sparse as Cablevision's. I thought that fiber technology would bring with it a massive film library. So far, not the case.