N used leftover sourdough starter to make the KAF recipe for sourdough chocolate chocolate-chip waffles. I suppose it's healthy with the sourdough and whole wheat flour and a little brown sugar for sweetness, but it did feel a little decadent having chocolate for breakfast at 7 AM. They're super-crispy too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Buckwheat pancakes, made with a combination of buckwheat and white flour. A little thicker than the buckwheat blini served with caviar at Russian restaurants, but much lighter than regular pancakes. I had them with a little butter and hickory syrup.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our CSA just added a new share: 1 pound of tortillas and a small container of salsa (red or green) from Tortilleria Nixtamal. We'll be getting a share once a month until December. Our first installment came last week and I made chilaquiles for breakfast this morning. It was very simple: a few cut-up tortillas sauteed in corn oil (not deep-fried), salsa, and cilantro, with each serving topped with a fried egg and some crema.

Our CSA just added a new share: 1 pound of tortillas and a small container of salsa (red or green) from Tortilleria Nixtamal. We'll be getting a share once a month until December. Our first installment came last week and I made chilaquiles for breakfast this morning. It was very simple: a few cut-up tortillas sauteed in corn oil (not deep-fried), salsa, and cilantro, with each serving topped with a fried egg and some crema.

Oh, Yum! That sounds very, very good. :D

We (or at least I) hardly ever do much for breakfast -- in summer, we'll have berries, or cut up stone fruit. Paul continues with dried fruit and cereal through fall, winter, and spring. I just sort of have . . . coffee. Got to get into breakfast-eating habit more. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of an idea for breakfast the other day.. Still figuring out if it will be disgusting or not.. I first starting thinking about making bacon and egg ravioli. Like with scrambled eggs. Or egg, bacon and cheese ravioli.. Then I started thinking about spinach pasta, stuffed with egg and cheese ,or egg and salmon, or egg cheese and bacon..or just spinach and egg filling in a ravioli. Then I started thinking of making some sort of ravioli stuffed with eggs and using a hollandaise sauce with the ravioli..

This is what I think about in my free time.

• 1 month later...

I thought of an idea for breakfast the other day.. Still figuring out if it will be disgusting or not.. I first starting thinking about making bacon and egg ravioli. Like with scrambled eggs. Or egg, bacon and cheese ravioli.. Then I started thinking about spinach pasta, stuffed with egg and cheese ,or egg and salmon, or egg cheese and bacon..or just spinach and egg filling in a ravioli. Then I started thinking of making some sort of ravioli stuffed with eggs and using a hollandaise sauce with the ravioli..

This is what I think about in my free time.

I used to do a egg yolk ravioli with serrano or prosciutto and an alfredo-like sauce. It was like a deconstructed carbonara.

Good.....but too labor intensive.

• 2 weeks later...