Melkkos, which is noodles or dough bits cooked in milk with cinnamon.  Can be sweetened or not, and can be breakfast or dessert.  N made this with homemade noodles, which she said was a bit of a pain.  She has fond memories of it from boarding school.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

It's making me crave a tortilla española. I'm imagining its egg morphing upward, as if thin-crust pizza were becoming a Sicilian slice, and the frittata potatoes pursuing the tomatoes like Pac-Man and dots.

Maybe someone spiked with dots the foil I licked from my rice-pudding dessert cup.

20 minutes ago, Josh Karpf said:

It's making me crave a tortilla española. I'm imagining its egg morphing upward, as if thin-crust pizza were becoming a Sicilian slice, and the frittata potatoes pursuing the tomatoes like Pac-Man and dots.

Maybe someone spiked with dots the foil I licked from my rice-pudding dessert cup.

Actually, that's what I was going to ask!

He's still playing with Inwood Lacrosse. This year they're playing in Inwood Hill Park since Columbia has locked down all their athletics facilities (they usually play in Kraft Stadium). Sunday afternoons are little league. And Friday after school is soccer.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we have a viable sourdough starter again, I had N make the NY Times' Cast-Iron Sourdough Pancake recipe I'd been holding on to for 3 years.  It's not as airy as a Dutch Baby, but it cooked up beautifully in the oven and the caramelized apples were so good.  A perfect Sunday brunch meal, but you do need to plan it because the batter must be prepared the night before.  We have some leftover batter to use up in the next few days, so the next one will feature brandied pears.

Overnight raised waffles.    I love this recipe that allows you to make the batter the night before and not have to fuss iwth batter from scratch in the morning.    Plus, so very light that I ate two, while usually stopping at half a waffle.