1260905436_PainPerdu11-18.thumb.jpeg.8a09de3bc98cf80feb88947207bf6dd0.jpeg

Pain perdu.  With real maple syrup and some Damson plum conserves.

Cooked on the little Cuisinart griddler, which also gets used for pressed sandwiches. And which (surprisingly) is fairly accurate, at least when I checked the temperature selected with a laser thermometer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

Woke up Sunday morning, with no way to hold me head that didn't hurt.   I may have skipped dinner Saturday night if that is possible..  We had gone to two lunches that day and that covered dining.  Anyway, leftover rice went into a pan of carrots, onion and spinach.  It was delicious.. After seeing the photo, i realized, i had also added some cold kimchee to the center. 

50644991821_ac258624ef_b.jpg

Something to be grateful for this Thanksgiving, deprived eating all afternoon/evening with friends and family: I could enjoy a lazily late wrap of egg/bacon/avocado, with green curry and cilantro, without worrying about saving appetite for the near future.

breakfast 2-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, voyager said:

Heavy rain outside.   Fire in fireplace.   From scratch, well actually from eftovers, corned beef hash with runny eggs.   Morning calories are a good thing in winter.

Hm, maybe time to order labskaus again...

Greek yogurt with homemade stewed fruit.  I took a dried fruit assortment I got at the local Grocery Outlet (apples, dried cherries, and prunes) and stewed it with a combination of water and brewed rooibos, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice, 

I have had that tiny spoon forever, and I have no idea how I came by it. It is surprisingly useful - putting mignonette sauce on oysters, for instance, or capers on smoked salmon. Any time you need to get into a small container, that spoon is your friend.

Next time I'm definitely trimming the crusts. What was I thinking.

1 hour ago, small h said:

Look at all those tiny spoons! Want. I think I most likely got mine from my mom's best friend, who had a lot of cool stuff and used to give it away to my sister and me at Christmas when we were kids.

4 of those tiny spoons now have your name on them.