Did the kefir make them even lighter than usual?   

I think they look delicious. If you had invited me over for breakfast, I would have scarfed down a few. Even more if you had thrown in a few walnuts.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

1 hour ago, prasantrin said:

Did the kefir make them even lighter than usual?   

I think they look delicious. If you had invited me over for breakfast, I would have scarfed down a few. Even more if you had thrown in a few walnuts.

I don't really know if they were lighter than usual, since usual doesn't happen very often, and I can't remember the last time I did.

But - they were really good, as far as pancakes go. We each ate 4, and then I made the rest of the batch and we had 3 more a piece. I actually use kefir in place of buttermilk pretty much wherever buttermilk is called for; ity's usually stocked, whereas buttermilk isn't. I have the powdered buttermilk on hand, but that's for really special occasions!

• 2 weeks later...