I just made these, C loved them.

But this wasn't really my idea of pancakes. They are very light almost souffle pancakes but me? I want pancakes or I want a souffle, I don't want in between. I missed the almost crisp exterior you get with normal American pancakes. But that's my preference. If souffle pancakes sound good to you - make this.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

I've been eating the Total fat free greek yogurt from Trader Joes- healthy, tasty, and a good source of calcium. I usually add some honey and I just bought a pack of candied pecans to crumble into it. It only requires a few pecans to get that nice crunch and flavor into a whole cup but I'm have a really hard time not swallowing these pecans directly from the bag by the handful. That would make it a less healthy breakfast.

There is a Trader Joe's yoghurt with some sort of cheese flavor. It's good. If I had it in front of me now, I'd describe it accurately, and also eat it.

I had the Greek style yogurt, with smoked/peppered salmon and habanero-lime salsa (all from TJ's), spread on cracked wheat sourdough toast for breakfast.

The Greek style is about 1/3 the calories and fat of the Mediterranean style, which I think is odd. The Mediterranean is about like sour cream.

Matzah with butter & strawberry jam. Yesterday it was matzah with cream cheese & raisins. Tomorrow it'll probably be matzah with Nutella. I'm not awake enough on weekday mornings to make matzah brei, or even some scrambled eggs.

This holiday gets tedious after a while.

Tedious???? My goodness, I cook more than I cook usually....we eat so well during this holiday. So no bread, pasta, legumes...that doesn't mean you *have* to eat matzoh. I bought lots of kosher for Passover cereal and museli and stuff, for example. I had fresh fruit for breakfast, and a hardboiled egg and yogurt. You can hardboil eggs and leave 'em in the fridge...

What do you usually have for breakfast when it's not Passover?

I think it's nice that I'm forced to bring lunch to work- it's healthier, cheaper, and usually tastes better.

I don't like turning down dinner plans though. Friends were headed to a Vietnamese noodle place last night and there was no way I would find anything to eat there.

Tomorrow it'll probably be matzah with Nutella.

I have no idea how strict you are or what your custom is, but here are the ingredients in Nutella:

sugar, peanut oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey, partially hydrogenated peanut oil, soy lecithin, vanillin.

Tedious???? My goodness, I cook more than I cook usually....we eat so well during this holiday. So no bread, pasta, legumes...that doesn't mean you *have* to eat matzoh. I bought lots of kosher for Passover cereal and museli and stuff, for example. I had fresh fruit for breakfast, and a hardboiled egg and yogurt. You can hardboil eggs and leave 'em in the fridge...

What do you usually have for breakfast when it's not Passover?

Usually cold cereal, toast, or bagels on weekdays. I'm not so interested in KoP cereal, partly because I've heard it doesn't taste good & partly for the same reason I rebelled against Mom's Passover rolls when I was a kid--it feels a bit like I'm "cheating" (more so than eating KoP cookies). I could do the hardboiled egg thing, you're right. And I eat kitniyos, so Nutella is fine.

Actually, I just wanted to bitch a little. :lol: