• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to save drippings whenever I roast a chicken (assuming I don't need the drippings for the roasted chicken preparation).   So this morning I took a spoon of solidified chicken drippings, heated

same as yesterday honeydew and blueberries with fat freee cottage cheese whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute be

Posted Images

Clearing out the fridge - mango lassi and the last of the Florida Cheese Squares (a really good bar cookie from one of the Maida Heatter books) - shortbread crust with a cream cheese layer and shortbread crumbles on top.

New chef/client Justin gave me some of his homemade lamb sausage that is the best sausage I've ever had. (Some of the ingredients include harissa, cilantro, and mint.) So we had the uncommon luxury of two novelties for breakfast with our sourdough toast: lamb sausage patties with a fried goose egg. The goose eggs, which I picked up at the patchouli farmers market downtown yesterday, weighed almost six ounces each, and two of them FILLED a 12" pan.

They were tasty, but I prefer duck and chicken eggs.

The sausage, on the other hand...slurrrrrrrrp!

New chef/client Justin gave me some of his homemade lamb sausage that is the best sausage I've ever had. (Some of the ingredients include harissa, cilantro, and mint.)

This is merguez, no?

New chef/client Justin gave me some of his homemade lamb sausage that is the best sausage I've ever had. (Some of the ingredients include harissa, cilantro, and mint.)

This is merguez, no?

I dunno. I'll ask.

This morning: pork shoulder bacon, fresh off the farm, with eggs and toast.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at my favorite bakery on the way up. This bakery has wonderful, organic, hearth-baked, daily made, breads that I adore. On my way out after getting their fabulous salted rye, I spied a crate with this sign: Organic just-picked garlic scapes FREE...take as much as you wish..... and they supplied you with brown paper bags to fill.

So, today for a late breakfast I made a garlic scape fritatta, toasted some rye, spread some Pamplie, brewed some Sumatra and had an amazing pluot on the side. Wow.

Turned the whitefish bought at Acme on Friday morning into whitefish salad - luscious chunks of whitefish, a bit of mayo to bind, scallions, and lemon juice - on an everything bagel. Heavenly.

Just got back from France. Larder stocked once again with Christine Ferber's jams. And all is right with the world. :)

This morning's breakfast is Delle Fattoria bread with lots of butter and Mme Ferber's Groseilles d'Alsace à la menthe fraîche.

About to cook some Fatted Calf's bacon -Taylor insisted I tried some made in his newly acquired smoker- and also some of his porky Marguez -which is super yummy and makes for endless fun teasing him about it.