Housecleaning services

I'm in desperate need of a housekeeper to come in on a weekly basis, but right now I'm in a crunch and need someone to come in and work magic for the the pre-Passover cleaning next week because frankly, I don't have the time or patience. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm even will to go with one of those dial-a-maid services, but I'd prefer a recommendation over picking one blindly.

We recently used Zen Home, which we'd read about in the PSFC's newspaper (the owner is a member), to get our apartment ready for an open house. They're a little gimmicky, but for something like this their "Spring Cleaning" package is good. If you are a first-time customer they send a "quality control" agent around to inspect while the cleaners are there, which made a difference.

Those are very cheap rates. It takes my housekeeper about 3 hours, unless creepy boss/husband/money collector guy helps, and it is $90 every week. It's about 4000 sq feet of wood floor, a few area rugs, a kitchen and 3 baths. No other dusting or cleaning, I do that. No bedrooms, kids are responsible for their own space. I keep the kitchen very clean, I'm a bit crazy on that, so she only does the cooktop but not the oven, and mostly a wipe down of everything else. We have 5 baths, so she does the master and jack and jill bath every week, and then alternates on the lesser used ones. Every other week she does the finished basement, just floors: mops the ceramic floor and vaccums the stairs and area rug, and it is another$45.

I am pretty sure she is competitively priced for this area, and she's really friendly and thorough...Russian. In the summer, she usually has a young family member who is visiting who helps her out. This summer, it was her niece..about 18 yrs old, spending the summer here and then returning to Russia to go to University..absolute knockout. My sons would somehow magically appear in the kitchen when she was there, at the countertop eating cereal and gawking. I made them stop, and apologized to her aunt...who assured me it was common place. "Man", she says "magically wake up with pretty girl, yes?" Wisdom in any culture, LOL.

I just called, and they are still in business. I asked about the website, and the woman I spoke to said they had problems with it. Current rate: $22/hr., 4-hr. min.

I had White Glove Elite on my list, but I am not sure they exist any more. Their web-site vanished. That's an '05 list.