Thank you for your thoughtful post, Carolyn. This is sad news.

I was reflecting recently upon how enriching it is to be a part of an online community, and to know people well that one has never met; there is so much stimulation, so much support, and there are so many laughs. It follows inevitably that there is the occasion for this feeling of loss more often.

My heartfelt condolences to Trevor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not even sure where to begin. I spent the day with Trevor, Julian's life partner of 27 years. Trevor is devastated but in his devastation, he brought up Mouthfuls and the people here that Julian h

Thanks Carolyn. IIRC you also had the difficult task of breaking to us the news about Bruce Frigard (winesonoma) (whose thread maybe also should have been pinned, or will that trend start getting too

And may the perpetual light shine upon him.

Just skimmed through it again and was touched by the poignancy of hollywood's posting #776, last page 52. Thank you, Carolyn, for being a friend. I had been touched when he commented a few months ago that he had not actually met any of MFFers. You stepped in for us all.

Wow! Of course, I had no hint that my posting of the lyrics would sadly later take on this other dimension.

Just skimmed through it again and was touched by the poignancy of hollywood's posting #776, last page 52.

Wow! Of course, I had no hint that my posting of the lyrics would sadly later take on this other dimension.

Hollywood's post. :blink:

What a smart, talented, funny, and kind individual. I am the recipient of one of his wilder pieces of knitting: a beautiful and colorful scarf with some of my favorite shades in it. When it arrived (with his lovely handwriting on the package), I was lamenting the unseasonably warm weather, thinking I wouldn't have a chance to wear it. And then the weather turned, and I have enjoyed wearing it several times since.

What a loss to this community: that someone so thoughtful (in all the best ways) and witty and intelligent should leave us so soon.

Condolences, Trevor. 27 years is a really good run for such a wonderful show.

Rest in peace, Julian. You truly were a shining star.

I was reflecting recently upon how enriching it is to be a part of an online community, and to know people well that one has never met; there is so much stimulation, so much support, and there are so many laughs. It follows inevitably that there is the occasion for this feeling of loss more often.

I was thinking the same thing, but on the balance I feel lucky to have made the connection with him (and others), however briefly. As much as I consider myself a skeptic, part of me really hopes that somewhere, somehow he is looking down and having a laugh at the 3-D pop-out Neuschwannstein I mailed him...

Bah. :blink:

Seeing the title of this thread gave me the feeling of being punched in the sternum. Everyone has already said what I feel, and it's heartbreaking.

My condolences go out to Trevor and all those who knew and loved him.

I still can't get over it: my eyes play tricks on me and I think the "24" part means it's the end of that TV series I never watched. But it refers to someone who was such a GOOD contributor to this community, and undoubtedly to the world at large, too.

And then today my cousin's wife came home from the hospital to die. It's his birthday.

Yes, to quote upthread, what a fucking drag.

Trevor, may Julian's memory line your heart forever, and may you be forever aware of the blessing of having known, and loved, someone so good.

I can't get over it either. It brought back memories of the early eighties for me, when no one knew what was going on and friends, acquaintances, strangers were dropping like flies all around me. The luckier ones survived for a while, and I imagine Julian was luckier than many, with Trevor there beside him throughout the ordeal.

Carrie (or anyone else who knew him), can you keep us apprised as to his survivors' preferences with regards to memorials? I just went ahead and made a modest donation in his memory to the SF AIDS Foundation -- anyone else interested in doing so can do it here -- click on "Donate". But I'd be interested to know if there is a preferred way to honor his memory.

Squeat, that was very, very sweet of you. From what I understand, he had been diagnosed years ago and was maintaining through the cocktails. It was the onset of a lung infection that simply deteriorated his immune system beyond what his body could handle. He was in his early '60s and that he survived so long is a testament to his strong will and determination.