Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. I'll be printing this thread out for Trevor to read when he is ready. He is mostly just numb right now. As am I. It has been a rough few days in dealing with all of this.
Thanks Carolyn. IIRC you also had the difficult task of breaking to us the news about Bruce Frigard (winesonoma) (whose thread maybe also should have been pinned, or will that trend start getting too depressing?)

Anyway, we are lucky to have such a willing and caring go-between. Many thanks.

• Like 3
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not even sure where to begin. I spent the day with Trevor, Julian's life partner of 27 years. Trevor is devastated but in his devastation, he brought up Mouthfuls and the people here that Julian h

Thanks Carolyn. IIRC you also had the difficult task of breaking to us the news about Bruce Frigard (winesonoma) (whose thread maybe also should have been pinned, or will that trend start getting too

And may the perpetual light shine upon him.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. I'll be printing this thread out for Trevor to read when he is ready. He is mostly just numb right now. As am I. It has been a rough few days in dealing with all of this.
Thanks Carolyn. IIRC you also had the difficult task of breaking to us the news about Bruce Frigard (winesonoma) (whose thread maybe also should have been pinned, or will that trend start getting too depressing?)

Anyway, we are lucky to have such a willing and caring go-between. Many thanks.

Thank you, Fly... This HAS made me think a lot about Bruce lately as well. I never drive over the Golden Gate without thinking of him. I never knew Tuckerman but all our shared losts is a testament to how close our community is.

What Bloviatrix said about being punched in the chest. This is sad, shocking, heartbreaking news.

I never met Julian in person, but I grew to love him through his marvelous posts here, and we exchanged PMs on several occasions. He sent me a sweet note when my father-in-law died.

Oh what a terrible loss. Thanks, Carrie, and please extend my love and condolences to Trevor and Julian's family and friends.

I just saw this thread today; it made me burst out in tears. Although I remember his mention of a hosptial stay earlier I did not realize how serious his condition was.

As others have mentioned, Julian quickly became an intelligent and wonderful presence on the board. He made a big impression on me with his unique combination of sweetness and wit and I truly looked forward to all his posts. Condolences to Trevor, Carolyn and to other friends and family. May he rest in peace.

Thank you for the very nice post, Carolyn.

What a shame. I have lost one very close friend in the same way, and more than a few acquaintances.

I never had any interaction with Julian, but I derived much enjoyment from reading his posts. His was a distinctive voice & I'm saddened that it's now silenced.

RIP Julian, I wish I'd gotten to know you.

I don't know how I missed this. This is terribly sad news. Condolences to his partner Trevor, his friends and family. :blink:

Likewise. I hadn't paid much attention to this part of the forum lately, but when I saw "24k", my heart just sank with a dreadful "Oh no".

My condolences to all who knew & loved him, especially Trevor.

• 1 month later...

I was out of town when this thread developed. Yes, punched in the chest is a good description of my reaction. 24K shared such a zest for and irreverant joy of life. I had, in fact, a box of off-the-wall yarn I had planned to offer him.

Perhaps he continues to teach us: if you have love to share, do it now.

My sincerest sympathies to Trevor and his family.