We are coming to town for a legal conference and only have one free dinner. Trying do decide between Butter and Aigre Doux since we want to try places that are new or newish since our last visit. Has anyone been to Aigre Doux in the old Pili Pili space?

My first choice is really Schwa, but I've given up trying to reach them.

We are coming to town for a legal conference and only have one free dinner. Trying do decide between Butter and Aigre Doux since we want to try places that are new or newish since our last visit. Has anyone been to Aigre Doux in the old Pili Pili space?

My first choice is really Schwa, but I've given up trying to reach them.

Have you already tried Avec, then?

• 1 month later...

has anyone been? going to Chicago in July and as it's a weekend, it's hard to find an interesting lunch/brunch place - all the placeas i'm interested in are either only dinner or weekday lunch only... not a big fan of typical eggy brunch but might try Frontera Grill (since Topolobampo is not an option) or Aigre Doux, which is listed on OpenTable as open on Sun (although the resto description does not show Sun even open - still OT accepted the reservation :D )

Avec opens at 3:30 acc. to their website so that's an option for Sat. as well

any other suggestions? very welcome

dinner is taken care of - Alinea and Moto - can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Hope this isn't too late nuxvomica, but I found Aigre Doux to be just ok (certainly not worth the hype). For lunch, I would either head down to Chinatown for dim sum, or hit either Nomi or the Ritz Carlton for their brunches. Both are excellent and have plenty of options beyond eggs.

thanks, jesteinf. we had a resy but woke up really late and still full after 20 courses at Moto that we canceled. guess it was a good decision. we ended up going to Avec for our late, late lunch/pre-Alinea snack. Avec was wonderful. we loved it.