Staying organized. How do you do it?

I have a small entry level Palm thing but I'm finding it frustrating. If my eyes are tired, I can't see it and recently the wireless keyboard crapped out. I'm now seriously considering going back to my Filofax and using the Palm Desktop as back up. And then getting a smallish laptop down the road (I'll just need it for Internet and Word/Excel). Are there other Palms I should consider before giving up? What about the Treo?

I actually am ok at graffiti, fwiw.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a small entry level Palm thing but I'm finding it frustrating. If my eyes are tired, I can't see it and recently the wireless keyboard crapped out. I'm now seriously considering going back to my Filofax and using the Palm Desktop as back up. And then getting a smallish laptop down the road (I'll just need it for Internet and Word/Excel). Are there other Palms I should consider before giving up? What about the Treo?

I actually am ok at graffiti, fwiw.

i use one of those flip notepads that are small enough to fit in your shirt pocket.

I have a week-at-a glance notebook, 4x6", that has everything in it...Fits in a back pocket of my jeans, for demo work....

Of couse, all records are on my computer, when I bill, but I use notes from there.

I'm thinking this is the way to go.

Notebook of some sort that you hand back up to your computer.

Do you use the Palm desktop or Outlook or something else?

We have a big calendar on the fridge at home: everything goes on it. I have a huge calendar at work and I have a 2 year daily calendar in my purse. So I get to cross-check everything.

I have a friend who swears by his Blackberry tho.

We have a big calendar on the fridge at home: everything goes on it. I have a huge calendar at work and I have a 2 year daily calendar in my purse. So I get to cross-check everything.

I have a friend who swears by his Blackberry tho.

I'm just as low-tech--everything is written on a wall calendar hanging above my desk. I don't trust electronic organizers to hold such important info. That's why I also have a paper address/phone number book.

I switched from Filofax to Manhattan Diary when Filofax discontinued the model I needed to replace. In addition, I have a wall calendar. I don't use any electronic devices for keeping track of appointments, meetings, or engagements. Manhattan Diary is very useful. In addition to the calendar there are pages and pages of information, including names, addresses and telephone numbers of stores and restaurants.

I love, love having a Palm. And it's my phone too. I love having only one machine to carry around. I love that all my phone numbers are on my computer too and I don't have to enter stuff on the little phone if I don't want to. My Treo has a keyboard on it. The whole system works very well, it's convenient, everything is in the same places - on the computer, and on the handheld. I couldn't live without it. And if I were to lose the handheld - all the data is on the computer, and the data backs up onto my external hard drive along with everything else during backup.

The idea of keeping everything on paper, lugging notebooks around - forget it. And losing those? Oy. I have 8 years of calendar and data on my palm - I love that. I can look up what I was doing on this day 6 years ago - fun.

I hate that graffiti business - Treo has a keyboard. Blackberry too.

Get a Blackberry. Sync it with your computer. End of story.

I have a Treo - and I'm going to switch to a Blackberry pretty soon. Unless I can hold out for the Apple iPhone.

I have a Treo synched with my Microsoft Outlook on my computer which is networked with my office where we have a case management software system. I can enter appointments on my computer, on my Treo, or my secretary or one of my associates can docket new appointments for me which will go onto my calendar on Outlook and then synch to my Treo. I think Blackberrys are better for just doing emails than my Treo, but I use my Treo for a lot more than that so it works well for me.

Blackberrys do everything a Treo does. Calendars, email, phone, lists....everything.

Yes, it does, but I used both before deciding on Treo. It just works better for me for internet browsing, and using Microsoft applications like Word. If I was only doing email, I would use Blackberry for sure.