Staying organized. How do you do it?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paper here, too. My main is a Quo Vadis Monthly 4, which lets me see several weeks in advance and I also carry a small calendar notebook in my purse (whatever is on sale at the MOMA store after New Year's).

I remember I had one of the first Palms, a present from my gadget-crazy brother. I hated it and gave it to my other brother. Then for a while I had a mini computer, which was filched by some sticky-fingered baggage handler in the Paris airport. My whole life was in that gadget and I never got over it -- I still am out of touch with 30% of the phone numbers that were in it. Now I have all phone numbers written down, not just in my phone.

It's that lose your phone thing that scares me - I have to have something that syncs into my computer so that if I lose the handheld, I'm still okay.

If the handheld dies, you get a new one and sync your data. If the computer dies, you have the data in the handheld.

It's that lose your phone thing that scares me - I have to have something that syncs into my computer so that if I lose the handheld, I'm still okay.

If the handheld dies, you get a new one and sync your data. If the computer dies, you have the data in the handheld.

Yes, if this happens, either by loss or breakdown, it is a frigging nightmare. I find electronic gadgets unreliable in this way.

I love my Quo Vadis. It is the best product for me. Once I'm done with a year, I take out the insert and put in storage with my other papers, thus it acts as a sort of diary/record of past events I can always refer to.

I have my contacts in Address Book on my Mac and my appointments in iCal, then I have both synched into Mac.com. Both programs automatically synch between my 2 computers, and even if both were to go down at the same time, the info is still backed up at Mac.com and can be reloaded. I set alarms for my appointments, so for example, I just got an e-mail from myself reminding me that I have a chiro appt. tomorrow at 10.

I've also synched my contacts to my iPod, so it's like an electronic address book that I can carry along when I travel.

ln, what happens if you lose your Quo Vadis?

I don't because it's always in my desk drawer. I also carry a small pocket calendar/notebook in my purse. This I just throw away at the end of the year. (This I don't 'lose' because no one's interested in stealing a crappy paper notebook.)

It's easier for me to pull out the paper calendar than to boot up the computer/open files. Also, having a monthly makes it easier for me see weeks in advance, especially helpful in not forgetting upcoming birthdays. :lol:

I have a week-at-a glance notebook, 4x6", that has everything in it...Fits in a back pocket of my jeans, for demo work....

Of couse, all records are on my computer, when I bill, but I use notes from there.

I'm thinking this is the way to go.

Notebook of some sort that you hand back up to your computer.

Do you use the Palm desktop or Outlook or something else?

I just type my reports up in Word, tho my BF has been working on a bigger spreadsheet for me...I like the gmail calendar, but I can't use it til I totally switch to OSX

ln, what happens if you lose your Quo Vadis?

I don't because it's always in my desk drawer. I also carry a small pocket calendar/notebook in my purse. This I just throw away at the end of the year. (This I don't 'lose' because no one's interested in stealing a crappy paper notebook.)

It's easier for me to pull out the paper calendar than to boot up the computer/open files. Also, having a monthly makes it easier for me see weeks in advance, especially helpful in not forgetting upcoming birthdays. :lol:

Are you kidding? I keep all of those; if I ever got audited, it would save my life, I could document appointments, work, mileage, expenses- everything from that....

I can see my calendar in a monthly view. Click - it's weekly! Click - it's daily! Click - it's a single entry!

I also get reminded of a birthday (if I so choose) several days before, or that day...or whatever I want.