Staying organized. How do you do it?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easier for me to pull out the paper calendar than to boot up the computer/open files. Also, having a monthly makes it easier for me see weeks in advance, especially helpful in not forgetting upcoming birthdays. :lol:

I can see my calendar in a monthly view. Click - it's weekly! Click - it's daily! Click - it's a single entry!

I also get reminded of a birthday (if I so choose) several days before, or that day...or whatever I want.

But it's not always easy to read, which is my biggest point. The contrast with paper and pencil/plume is always legible in my situation. Plus the month or year views have entries that are dots! That's not so helpful.

Like I said, I'm actually pretty good at graffiti and think I'd prefer it to learning how to use a Barbie keyboard.

It seems redundant but I'm going Filofax pocket (4' x 6") and then updating the Palm desktop each morning as backup. I think you can even print out the Palm address book formatted to fit the Filofax page.

My situation isn't so complicated daily but I need a better long term view and access to certain things over and over. And a note pad. Plus my handwriting, which was legendary, has gone to the dogs. Hell, maybe I can even use my fountain pens again!

But but but

You click on the "dot" and it expands...

I dunno, maybe it's because I use the MAC CALENDAR which is quite fabulous. I have everything in delightful colors now. I have a work calendar and a personal calendar, and I can view them separately or together.

i love a beautiful calendar (and paper in general, you don't want to get me into a stationery store - i'll nver leave) i used to have those large week-at-a-glance ones but have switched to a size that's not much bigger than a book. this year it's kate spade - liked the quotes and collages sprinkled here and there. it's all in there and the good old brain (generally still functioning suprizingly well. but i do write it down justr in case)

like fantasty, i tried Palm and never warmed up to it. love my Treo but only use it as phone and to check email when not at the office. not so much into gadgets, happily low-tech most of the time. tried to use outlook for calendar once but found it took too long to enter all the info.

and a million to-do lists, of course

I use my filofax - I have one of the pocket sized ones and the insert I use is a week on two pages. In the office I use Outlook for scheduling meetings and the like. I save all my prior years' calendars and reference them every so often.

But then, I'm a bit of a luddite.

TREO, all the way. It has the benefit of touch screen or button controls. I love my stylus and the touch screen for browsing, email...and the push buttons for the phone capabilities. IMO, it is a much better phone that Blackberry, and cuts down on what I need to carry. And, as mentioned, a hand held that syncs with a desk or office unit is invaluable for keeping info safe from los phones or crashed laptops.

I keep myself organized rather haphazzardly. I have a good visual memory so I can usually remember which big pile of papers that crumbled piece of paper with notes on it is underneath. I have two wall calendars for appointments and important dates, they're for the whole family. We make it a habit to look at it regularly and the kids write down important dates for them. I have a sketch pad that I take with me on appointments, vacations, to the library, etc... I doodle in it, take random notes and write down numbers and addresses I need for that day or trip. When I had my own business I kept customer contact info in Quickbooks and I saved business cards in a rolodex or a zipper lock bag. I bought one of those palm devices when they first came out and input about 5 numbers into it before letting it collect dust. I have 3 phone numbers in my cell phone, but never call anyone on the list. I don't like talking on the phone, generally prefer email or speaking in person.

Hope this helps!