West Soho Lunch Spots

I have been on a quest to seek out a solid handful of lunch spots close to my new office on Varcik and Spring now that the cold weather seems to be almost behind us. This week I found my first gem, Alidoro.

I have worked for almost 5 months in this area and lamented about the lack of quality lunch spots. It seemed like I was destined to begrudgingly accept the generic deli's that crank out mediocre food at best. Today, right around the corner I found this little unassuming Italian sandwich spot called Alidoro. The second I stepped into this tiny yet welcoming kitchen storefront, I knew I was going to love this place. The moment I bit into my "Alyssa" sandwich made of smoked chicken breast, mozzarella, argula, and hot peppers (per my request) on whole wheat, I was instantly hooked. The mozzarella was so fresh I would have enjoyed the sandwich with nothing but. Now I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow and beyond :-)

We just started a project a few blocks north of you and are still looking for good lunch places too. We love Snack, especially their braised lamb sandwich and the salads. We usually order from the one on Bedford, but there's one on Thompson between Prince and Spring. For what it's worth, we always order for delivery or takeout, so I can't vouch for the dining-in experience.

Welcome!

Thanks, that Soho list is solid. It had several of my favorites such as a burger at the Ear Inn and some wicked hot chocolate at Jaques Torres :lol:

I had some good mexican at Lupe's East L.A. Kitchen this week and great mexican from a food cart called Calexico on Wooster & Prince St. They describe themselves as, "Equal parts Mexican Taqueria and American Barbecue Pit, Calexico's cuisine is down-to-earth and full of flavor, familiar and unique at the same time.”

• 7 months later...

I posted this request for recommendations in West Soho back in April 07. Time has past and I am still working in the area. I thought I had the nabe covered but I am still discovering little gems here and there. Some of the recommendations from the forum here have become corestaples. Mooncake Foods is great, Alidoro is heavan, and Snack never disappoints. I also love Grandaisy Bakery, Joe's Dairy (fresh mozzarella), and Deb's to name a few. I still crave a burger at the Ear Inn every month or so and hit Ditch Plains for my business lunches. It is great fun to scout out a new neighborhood like I have and want to thank everyone and the forum's staple picks for getting me started!