We have already asked that this thread not turn into a debate on gun control. I will ask all of you who have posted about this topic to please self-edit. We are short on admins this week. I would appreciate everyone's cooperation.

I would be happy to, but the other side of the case has had a hearing since post number 9.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've invisibled any posts that refer to gun control as an issue. If I've missed any, please let me know. If the subject persists, the Admins will have no choice but to lock this thread.

Carry on.

Shooting is the national sport of Switzerland.

How about *a* national sport. They have this little thing over there called skiing, too, as I recall.

of course, of course. More than 1 national sport.

Back to the thread, it was heart breaking to view the pictures of the people who were killed in the shooting. My eyes welled with tears. Their faces so cheerful and beautiful, it's such a tragedy.

They did in my edition--and they are online as well, in an interactive feature---yikes.

I just noticed that. You click on a name and if they had a myspace account, you can click on that too, and other stuff. I just clicked on one myspace account and tears are welling again... I can't recall ever noticing that type of interactive feature.

Guest Aaron T

They did in my edition--and they are online as well, in an interactive feature---yikes.

I just noticed that. You click on a name and if they had a myspace account, you can click on that too, and other stuff. I just clicked on one myspace account and tears are welling again... I can't recall ever noticing that type of interactive feature.

Me too. I was listening to the music that one victim recorded. here. So much talent wasted. Such a tragedy.

I have seen articles about how myspace has become this place where all young people who die seem to have pages and it becomes a permanent web memorial for them and a place for their friends to reminisce.

Where, oh where, are the parents? No coverage whatsoever. Several references to his writings mentioning sexual molestation. Was he adopted by American parents like so many Korean children of his era? Was he "damaged goods" or mentally unstable when he came to America? I am always interested in the background, parenting, life experiences and hoping for explanations. [deleted by Admin], we need permits for parenting. There are, unfortunately, a minute number of genetically defective, remorseless, untrainable people. Until they break a law, we don't have any place for them. I also do not understand the withholding of personal information by the police such as his 8 page rant. He's dead. What is the purpose of withholding information?