Blue Hill - Washington Square

There is this show in Chicago called "Check, Please." It's actually a wonderful show that should be here in NY..

Obama was on it and they replayed it a year or so ago.. It was surreal watching him review a restaurant.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn’t get into the Spotted Pig the other night after a long wait, but after desperate calls from my old-fashioned cell phone that was running out of power (I felt quite embarrassed standing next

g, have you been to BH WS since the new chef is in place? I have heard some positive things.

Why is it the British are so involved with piss?

There is this show in Chicago called "Check, Please." It's actually a wonderful show that should be here in NY..

Obama was on it and they replayed it a year or so ago.. It was surreal watching him review a restaurant.

That was pretty neat. They actually never aired the episode because the other guests couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Anyway, you should all be thankful you didn't work in downtown Chicago during the transition. Presidential-level security every single day in the heart of the Loop. Not good times.

But, better safe than sorry, regardless of who occupies the office.

I lived in the 50's east right by the hotel Clinton use to stay in.. With out warning, my car would be towed to a location with in a 5 block radius.. This happened a few times a month..

That was really annoying.

I think the thinking is that maybe he can go on his date when he has official business in NY. Cause there is this little recession and global warming and stuff.

And not use quite so many cars.

And generally it's fun to joke about the Great Leader because it's no longer patriotic to make fun of the President, as it was for the last 8 years, it's now down-right treasonous.

I think the thinking is that maybe he can go on his date when he has official business in NY. Cause there is this little recession and global warming and stuff.

How about all of the times that George W. Bush flew to Crawford at government expense when he had no official business in Texas?

Well, to the extent we're taking this seriously: Bush and his rabid supporters weren't shouting from the rooftops about global warming and excess. I have a feeling that if the retired former President wanted to take his wife on a spur-of-the-moment date night in NYC, and it involved a huge motorcade of SUVs and shutting downs streets in the Village, one could hear the thunder of tens of thousands of liberal knees jerking and slamming into their desks.

(I frankly don't care about the date, I was just joining Daniel in a little teasing. I will say, since you asked, I haven't seen a President enjoy his celebrity and cult-of-personality like this since, well, not even Bill Clinton.

If you guys want to argue about this will you please take pity on the moderators and do it via PM?

And to be perfectly clear, my 'nonsense' reply to Daniel was in reference to my thinking it nonsensical to assume CEOs would need the same level of security and have similar travel needs as a head of state. Whoever that head of state may be.