Sammy's Famous Roumanian Restaurant

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the secret of enjoying Sammy's. Eat as little as possible.

Ketle (sic) One vodka? More like Shtetl One, amirite?

Go with a group.. Its the type of place where if you are eating with 2 people or 6 people you will order the same amount of food, the bar tab is the only thing that will change.   I will speak stri

According to the post counter, the MFF member with the most posts on this thread has been Wilfrid, with 79.  The poster with the 3rd most posts on this thread is Wilfrid1, with 52 (I think that's approx. 25% of the total posts).  Given this, he must be devastated by this news.  Inconsolable.

16 hours ago, small h said:

I would never willingly eat there again. But Sammy's doesn't need to close for that to happen.

I think that sums it up. I didn't want them to close for this reason, but because of the execrable food at four star prices.

I won’t be terribly surprised if “in the future” we find Sammy’s Roumanian, name and logo having been purchased by a group of investors, is re-opening at the Wynn Las Vegas serving avocado flatbreads and Romanian tenderloin spring rolls with shiitake pesto dipping sauce on a menu by consulting chef Nate Applebaum.

5 hours ago, Seth Gordon said:

I won’t be terribly surprised if “in the future” we find Sammy’s Roumanian, name and logo having been purchased by a group of investors, is re-opening at the Wynn Las Vegas serving avocado flatbreads and Romanian tenderloin spring rolls with shiitake pesto dipping sauce on a menu by consulting chef Nate Applebaum.

5 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

You are SO right.

While that wouldn't change what the loss of Sammy's means to NYC (nothing?), it would probably be a plus for Vegas.

I liked Nate's food, when he actually was a chef in a restaurant. Or, before he got smart.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, Anthony Bonner said:

Its Appleman, and I'll never begrudge someone who sells out by selling all the way out 

Haha. I’d had some Tribe Called Quest going earlier. I’ll blame it on that.