Montreal

There's Liverpool House too, which is joe beef lite and probably more of a local haunt. I like vin paps for lunch. Pdc is still a great choice.

Cocktails - big in Japan bar, no name, dominion square tavern. Not a "cocktail" town, but these three have good rooms and do good enough drinks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Currenly on the list:   Restaurants:     Au Pied De Cochon (been to before and had the best raw platter we've had in North America)   La Chronique (good reviews on other sites)   possibly Br

another thing - most coffee shops (and there are many of them) either use Illy or roast their own (it seems like the horrible environmental effects that seem to make this impossible in Manhattan do no

A very good meal at Les Chevres.   Not a very large restaurant, seating maybe 50 at capacity (a lot less when we were there), with a seemingly low investment in decor, but a full realization of a c

Yeah, barring connections, Joe beef is off the table during the summer. You could use the dinr app on the off chance they have some last minute cancellations. I usually just go to VP I instead or Liverpool House on occasion. Can't be bothered to reserve months in advance at home. Joe Beef is strictly for the the winter.

You could go to L'Express and have the baba and tell me what it's like.

But you have me thinking I need to have the Ile Flottante.

OK, you have the Ile Flottante, and drag your travelling companion along so she can have the baba.

Or maybe Evelyn will end up at L'Express and have the baba?

Someone have the baba, puh-leeeze!

Yeah, I have to engage in the most abject string-pulling to get in there. I'd be curious to know what people who live in Montreal do.

I downloaded the DINR app when we arrived in Montreal to make a reservation the day of at Joe Beef and it worked like a charm. This was due to an extremely embarrassing mix up where we missed our reservation the night before due to entering incorrectly in my calendar.

There was no charge for this service.

I haven't used it since returning to NYC, but a quick scan shows several open table for Joe Beef this evening.

http://getdinr.com/

I have the DINR app. But I'm too nervous to do day-of -- at least, as in this case, where it would be in the nature of what you'd call a date.

Everybody I know (offline) in Montreal is telling me that if I have a reservation at Liverpool House (as I do), and I've already been to Joe Beef (as I have), I should be happy to try Liverpool House.

I'm have the DINR app. But I'm too nervous to do day-of -- at least, as in this case, where it would be in the nature of what you'd call a date.

Everybody I know (offline) in Montreal is telling me that if I have a reservation at Liverpool House (as I do), and I've already been to Joe Beef (as I have), I should be happy to try Liverpool House.

Well it's good to know you have the option if you decide to go for broke.