Montreal

Lesley C.'s list is brilliant. It includes practically every significant opening, it doesn't rank them so everyone can post their trophy on their insta, and it gives a good picture of what's been going on in non-ethnic dining.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Currenly on the list:   Restaurants:     Au Pied De Cochon (been to before and had the best raw platter we've had in North America)   La Chronique (good reviews on other sites)   possibly Br

another thing - most coffee shops (and there are many of them) either use Illy or roast their own (it seems like the horrible environmental effects that seem to make this impossible in Manhattan do no

A very good meal at Les Chevres.   Not a very large restaurant, seating maybe 50 at capacity (a lot less when we were there), with a seemingly low investment in decor, but a full realization of a c

I’m going for MLK weekend. Haven’t been in almost 20 years! And back then it was booze centric.

Is there any particular cuisine other than French/ Canada that’s worth checking out?

This is a trip for my husband to relax, us to get away without going too far, type trip. Think strip clubs, steaks and Italian maybe but definitely some type of Chinese if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone will be in Montreal at the beginning of March, Restaurant Beau Mont is doing a Bocuse d'Or Canada fundraiser. I'd go, but my visit is a month too soon.

Don’t miss the fundraising lunch for the benefit of Bocuse d’Or Canada on Sunday, March 1st 2020 at Beau Mont restaurant. An exceptional culinary experience, a 3 course menu at $85 prepared by Normand Laprise, Beau Mont’s Chef Jean-Francois Dubé, Quebec’s candidate Samuel Sirois, and his commis Alexy Jetté.

• Like 1

I’m going for MLK weekend. Haven’t been in almost 20 years! And back then it was booze centric.

Is there any particular cuisine other than French/ Canada that’s worth checking out?

This is a trip for my husband to relax, us to get away without going too far, type trip. Think strip clubs, steaks and Italian maybe but definitely some type of Chinese if possible.

quite liked the casual food and the vibe at agrikol, which is a haitian restaurant. my brief write-up of it is here.

and, of course, damas.

If anyone will be in Montreal at the beginning of March, Restaurant Beau Mont is doing a Bocuse d'Or Canada fundraiser. I'd go, but my visit is a month too soon.

Don’t miss the fundraising lunch for the benefit of Bocuse d’Or Canada on Sunday, March 1st 2020 at Beau Mont restaurant. An exceptional culinary experience, a 3 course menu at $85 prepared by Normand Laprise, Beau Mont’s Chef Jean-Francois Dubé, Quebec’s candidate Samuel Sirois, and his commis Alexy Jetté.

If I didn't mention it, we had a fine meal at Beau Mont.

If I didn't mention it, we had a fine meal at Beau Mont.

I think that was why I was looking at it, and I happened upon the fundraiser when I went to the website. So thanks for the rec! Haven't decided yet where I'm going to eat other than l'express for ile flottante and roasted bone marrow.

• 3 weeks later...