Radish leaves make a lovely soup. I'm away from my recipe, but it is a process rather than a prescription:

Wash radish leaves well. Saute chopped shallot in butter until translucent. Add sliced radish leaves to wilt them. Add cubed potato and water or broth to cover. Simmer until potato is tender. Puree in a blender and add cream to taste. It's pretty served with garnish of finely sliced radish, maybe bacon lardons, swirl of creme fraiche, dusting of chives, or your fancy.

Radish leaves make a lovely soup. I'm away from my recipe, but it is a process rather than a prescription:

Wash radish leaves well. Saute chopped shallot in butter until translucent. Add sliced radish leaves to wilt them. Add cubed potato and water or broth to cover. Simmer until potato is tender. Puree in a blender and add cream to taste. It's pretty served with garnish of finely sliced radish, maybe bacon lardons, swirl of creme fraiche, dusting of chives, or your fancy.

This soup sounds wonderful! Do you serve it hot or cold? I imagine either would work.

... Do you serve it hot or cold? I imagine either would work.

You pick.

I made this last night, pureed it tonight and ate it. Loverly. I used leeks instead of shallots. It was a nice variation on potato/leek soup. Came out a nice light green color. I took it easy on the cream. I like soups to taste more of the vegetables than the cream. We ate it warm.

• 13 years later...

A GF mocked my assertion that ramp leaves count as a green vegetable.

Other than the sheer enjoyability of mocking me -- which I don't discount -- I don't see why.

Any opinions on this?

4 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Even so.   I was claiming that I didn’t need to make a separate green vegetable to go with the first night of my leg of goat cuz the still-intact ramp leaves counted. Was I wrong?

If you can classify a full sour as a veg...