Football 2007-2008

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't make sense. Who would have deserved the MVP if the Giants didn't score on the last drive?

Why doesn't it make sense? So what that Giants scored on the last drive if Brady had been sitting comfortable in the pocket hitting his wide receivers all afternoon?

Doesn't make sense. Who would have deserved the MVP if the Giants didn't score on the last drive?

Why doesn't it make sense? So what that Giants scored on the last drive if Brady had been sitting comfortable in the pocket hitting his wide receivers all afternoon?

You didn't answer my question. Who would have won the MVP if the Giants didn't score last?

You didn't answer my question. Who would have won the MVP if the Giants didn't score last?

Brady? Welker?

Has a Super Bowl MVP ever been selected from the losing team?

Yes. When the Cowboys lost to the Colts (Superbowl 4?), the MVP was a defensive back from the Cowboys.

How about my question? If the Giants had scored last, but were trailing by 20 points anyway?

Someone from the Patriots would have undoubtedly won the MVP.

No doubt, the Giants defense played great holding the Pats to 14 points but Manning deserved the MVP for the last drive. The only way Manning doesn't win the MVP if either he was awful before the last drive or one of the Giants running backs had a tremendous game.

My point is that if the Giants didn't score the last touchdown to WIN, either Brady or Welker would have won the MVP. So you'd be giving the MVP to someone on the Pats offense that scored 14 ponts. If you'd give the MVP to someone on the Pats offense that scored 14 points, why should someone on the Giants defense win the MVP just because the Giants scored the late TD and the Pats scored the same 14 points?

How about my question? If the Giants had scored last, but were trailing by 20 points anyway?

Someone from the Patriots would have undoubtedly won the MVP.

No doubt, the Giants defense played great holding the Pats to 14 points but Manning deserved the MVP for the last drive. The only way Manning doesn't win the MVP if either he was awful before the last drive or one of the Giants running backs had a tremendous game.

My point is that if the Giants didn't score the last touchdown to WIN, either Brady or Welker would have won the MVP. So you'd be giving the MVP to someone on the Pats offense that scored 14 ponts. If you'd give the MVP to someone on the Pats offense that scored 14 points, why should someone on the Giants defense win the MVP just because the Giants scored the late TD and the Pats scored the same 14 points?

Maybe it's a paradox?

There wouldn't have *been* a last drive if the Giants defensive line hadn't been pounding Brady all afternoon and limiting the Patriots to a season low 14 points.

I'm not saying that Manning didn't play a good game, only that the defensive line was the key factor in the win.

One more time. Who would have won the MVP if the Giants didn't score on the last drive?

Oh come on. What if the Giants were ahead 13-10 and they didn't score. Then the Giant's defense comes out and stuffs Brady like they pretty much did all afternoon. It's all hypothetical stuff anyway.

Those MVP awards are strongly tilted towards offensive players and QBs in particular. Pretty boys win MVPs. Defense wins Superbowls.

If the Patriots had manhandled Manning the way that Brady got knocked around then the Patriots would have won. Brady wasn't the difference maker - the Giants defense was.