Home Brewing

The process produces too much heat in the house; besides this outdoor burner is more powerful than the stove at home.

That makes sense. Maybe I'll finally un-box my turkey fryer. Not that I need to start brewing beer.

Do you do all grain, or extract?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 11/24 Food Issue of the New Yorker has an interesting article about the Dogfish Head brewery, extreme beer, and brewing beer. I'm guessing that the article is online and would be well worth reading if you have any interest in any of the above subjects.

click

well, the article stirred a few emotions around beer blogosphere and forums.

Here's a thread on Beer Advocate forum (Garrett Oliver and Sam himself contributed): positive, almost fawning.

I for one tend to agree more with a view expressed by some West Coast beer folks: Wrong.

The 11/24 Food Issue of the New Yorker has an interesting article about the Dogfish Head brewery, extreme beer, and brewing beer. I'm guessing that the article is online and would be well worth reading if you have any interest in any of the above subjects.

click

well, the article stirred a few emotions around beer blogosphere and forums.

Here's a thread on Beer Advocate forum (Garrett Oliver and Sam himself contributed): positive, almost fawning.

I for one tend to agree more with a view expressed by some West Coast beer folks: Wrong.

Oh I love it when the curtain gets pulled back. Garret Oliver's comments were especially interesting because from the article, I thought he didn't like Dogfish beer.

What is the view expressed by the West Coast beer folks? That Dogfish is just one model but certainly isn't where most microbrewers are moving towards?

• 8 months later...

our version of three floyds alpha king - no more distribution of the original around here but i think we came pretty close, and even if not ours has a great taste.

3819304856_207a66de0b.jpg

my new obsession is obvious: drinks photography - hard...