Seafood Restaurant Near the DCPA in Downtown Denver

All -

We're going to see Spamalot (woo hoo!) a week from Saturday and want to eat seafood at some place w/in walking distance of the theatre. My immediate thoughts were Jax (been there in the past and like it) or Oceanaire (haven't been but have heard good things). Any other ideas? Has anyone been to Oceanaire?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Hoff

All -

We're going to see Spamalot (woo hoo!) a week from Saturday and want to eat seafood at some place w/in walking distance of the theatre. My immediate thoughts were Jax (been there in the past and like it) or Oceanaire (haven't been but have heard good things). Any other ideas? Has anyone been to Oceanaire?

Hoff

I have not been to Oceanaire. Hopefully it's a good chain like Capital Grille rather than a nefarious one. Why don't you go and tell the three Colorado residents who read this what it's like? (winky, winky)

Even the DCPA's website isn't of much help, is it, as I see it lists only 11 spots in the "Plan your visit" area including La Fondue and The Palm.

No sushi for Hoff? Just straight-up seafood?

"Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

All -

Hoff

I have not been to Oceanaire. Hopefully it's a good chain like Capital Grille rather than a nefarious one. Why don't you go and tell the three Colorado residents who read this what it's like? (winky, winky)

Even the DCPA's website isn't of much help, is it, as I see it lists only 11 spots in the "Plan your visit" area including La Fondue and The Palm.

No sushi for Hoff? Just straight-up seafood?

"Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

Yep, that's my hope too. From talking to acquaintances here at work, it's supposed to be good. I've made reservations, so we'll see and I will definitely report back!

Where did all of the posters go? This site used to be pretty busy.

We thought about sushi, but have it pretty frequently, so...

Very nice Monty Python quote, that's one of my all time favorite scenes..."just because some watery tart handed you a sword is no basis for a system of government."

Hoff

lurking :ph43r:

Walked by Oceanaire two weeks ago on our way to Little Mermaid -- menu looked very spendy, decor looked dark and moody. They do have a prixe fix theatre menu, I believe it was $50 pp for three courses. Can't help you with other nearby places as last two pre theater dinners were Rioja and Ted's Montana Grill (I know, I know, I was hosting three under 14 y.o. for Little Mermaid and forced them to eat from the kids menu).

Our last downtown dinner was not seafood, not close to the DCPA but it was very tasty -- Via Trattoria, Chef is James Mazzio formerly of Fifteen Degrees in Boulder (and the only other Boulder Food & Wine Top New Chef other than Frasca's Lachlan). Rustic Italian -- very good braesola, thin pizza, pastas etc. More at another time.

Chef is James Mazzio formerly of Fifteen Degrees in Boulder (and the only other Boulder Food & Wine Top New Chef other than Frasca's Lachlan).

Ahh...But if everybody goes ninja and lurks then soon there is nothing to read and nothing to prompt other people to keep posting. Wish we could get everyone from all the different boards together in one place. Maybe Lori needs to write some more national articles that will attract the attention of disgruntled restaurateurs. :)

Why don't you just go back and have another meal at a less than mediocre chain seafood restaurant and write about it in scathing detail? That seemed to get everyone's fingers tapping their keyboards.

Wow. Sorry that bothered you so much. I was just trying to inject some fun into a dead forum at that time and it worked.

Why don't you just go back and have another meal at a less than mediocre chain seafood restaurant and write about it in scathing detail? That seemed to get everyone's fingers tapping their keyboards.

Wow. Sorry that bothered you so much. I was just trying to inject some fun into a dead forum at that time and it worked.

i must respond from balmy minnesota and point out that bolderite was clearly being facetious. robin doesn't get this on account of having spent a long time in oklahoma where they have feces but not facetious.

i must respond from balmy minnesota and point out that bolderite was clearly being facetious. robin doesn't get this on account of having spent a long time in oklahoma where they have feces but not facetious.

and you of all people should know that i am the definition of facetious.

additionally, i'm one of five people once forced to live in oklahoma who can actually spell that word.

and i fortunately did not live there for a "long" time--only some of my prime youthful years.

i would be bitter, except that's how i met the love of my life.

(no, not bacon.)

additionally, i'm one of five people once forced to live in oklahoma who can actually spell that word.

and i fortunately did not live there for a "long" time--only some of my prime youthful years.

btw, lachlan's wife's family is from oklahoma and she turned out okay.

Facetious. Hmmm. John Cleese's wife is from Oklahoma, too.

Facetious. Hmmm. John Cleese's wife is from Oklahoma, too.

I know. She's one of the five too. We used to have club meetings at Sonic Headquarters.

I'm surprised no Okies have gone all "Grapes of Wrath" on my ass here. ;)