• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, please pm me as to where you are staying. We are all fighting for the honor of picking you up and bringing you to Rancho Reyes at 5 pm, Central time. (I just made that up...the Rancho Reyes part. )

Well then, please pm me as to where you are staying. We are all fighting for the honor of picking you up and bringing you to Rancho Reyes at 5 pm, Central time. (I just made that up...the Rancho Reyes part. )

Sounds like a good name for that front porch to me. I sure had a heck of a good time when you all fete'd me there a couple of years ago. Good food, good friends, good conversation, what else could one need of a fall evening.

Just spoke to the man himself. Am going to go and pick him up in 1 1/2 hours.

Beans are cooked. Pico de Gallo is mised. John has a crockpot of queso con carne ready. The tequila is in the freezer and it's only around 85 outside. Blissful!

Life is good.

We coerced Simon into a tequila tasting.

1573246907_791b678a3a.jpg

As you can see, it was just Hell :rolleyes:

I think, believe it or not, this was only my first or second glass of tequila ever and certainly my first ever sangrita ( I am more of a pint of mild and a pack of pork scratchings kind of guy)

The food was fab too with lots of stuff I had never tried before. Longhorn's "armadillo eggs" disappeared in pretty rapid order, so did most of the chilli con queso.

Mr New York Texan's enchiladas came stuffed with amazing chunky pork butt and I was particularly taken with the rice.

not a bad introduction to Mex of the Tex kind

Amazing hospitality and kindness to a wandering minstrel

I am now beginning to understand why they say that Texas is just a state of mind