I’d just suggest thinking beyond restaurants and considering the principles on which we would patronize or boycott any business. The principles should be consistent, no?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ADNY Caught in a cycle where they have to increase prices because they don't get enough customers thus discouraging new customers. Plus the food isn’t very good.   Pure Food and Wine If Roxanne

ADNY is not a loss leader for the whole Ducasse organization. I doubt that that many people would go to Ducasse's French/Italian establishments because they experienced a good meal at ADNY. If they a

Here are the details:   "SAM DE MARCO has closed FIRST, his 10-year-old restaurant at 87 First Avenue (Fifth Street). He will be the consulting chef at MOVIDA, a nightclub and lounge opening soon at

Posted Images

9 hours ago, rozrapp said:

Just to note that I took Jean Georges off our restaurant list 4 years ago.

Shoot what’s up JG?  

10 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Would you refuse to go to a restaurant because you disagreed with a principal's politics?  I wouldn't.

I wouldn’t go to chik-fil-a as an example.  I wouldn’t go to a lot of places based on me not agreeing with their political principals as long as they are overtly and actively trying to take rights away from people. 

But I hate so many people that It doesn’t  take much for me to call “vandetta” on a place.  Politics being just one category. When I say “vendetta” the place is removed from the list.  😃 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

My family have our foodways, too.  But they're not common, they're not American.  They're specific to our Ashkenazic selves.  People outside our tribe would experience them as exotic.

I'm inside the tribe - I wonder about the exoticism to people outside.

7 minutes ago, Anthony Bonner said:

Its in a Trump building

It hasn't even  dawned on me.. What about Kushner Properties, there has to be a ton of Kushner restaurants.

I've waded through the last half dozen pages of this thread, and the one thing that escapes/boggles me is the assumed relevance of restaurant critics.    Perhaps it's my San Francisco perspective, colored by decades of inept and slanted local.coverage.    Every food critic is limited by his experience, so age is necessarily  part of his analysis.    Like, how many meals, restaurants, cultures has Dude under his belt that he has the background to tell me what's worth eating, or what service and ambiance is worth paying for or what holes-in-the-wall are killing it.

I am all with you.. I never really read restaurant criticism.. I have read the huge take downs of places.. But, ultimately, i do not really trust restaurant reviewers as, i do not really know enough about them to trust their taste.. I give a professional criticism the same weight as I would a yelp review.  And I really use yelp to just find out about new places.  

29 minutes ago, AaronS said:

admin post: this has stayed civil but please stop mentioning politics.

This is not "politics" as I have always interpreted the rule. People are discussing a general (apolitical) principle: the extent to which the personal politics of a business owner should influence your decision to patronize a business. 

This has nothing to do with the poster's political persuasion.

• Like 1