• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Product page.   Zdnet is dubious: "Is the Amazon Kindle going to be a monthly fee nightmare?"   Curious to see how this does.    

I'm pretty sure you can read blogs on the Kindle.

Amazon just unveiled Kindle Matchbook.* Amazon will search all of your past book purchases, and if a "match" exists, allow you to buy the Kindle book for $2.99 or less. At the moment, only 6 of my p

(My posting got dislocated so I'll just delete it.)

Too much moderator intervention!

really. merging two discussions of the same product is fascim.

Ah. Perhaps Mr. Creasey would like to volunteer for Admin duty and show us all how it's done?

I thought not.

peter started a new topic with questions about the features of the amazon kindle. since we already had a topic on that very subject (incidentally, one that he had posted in himself) i merged the two. this is apparently unacceptable. presumably, there should be as many threads about the amazon kindle as there are members interested in it.

peter started a new topic with questions about the features of the amazon kindle. since we already had a topic on that very subject (incidentally, one that he had posted in himself) i merged the two. this is apparently unacceptable. presumably, there should be as many threads about the amazon kindle as there are members interested in it.

Fascimist!

I, for one, will not be satisfied until we have tenfold as many kindle threads, as members with interest. Thanking you, in advance

I for one will not be satisfied until we have tenfold as many kindle threads as members with interest. Thanking you, in advance

I see no reason why we should limit it there.

One per person, per topic forum, I say.

After all, people in the PNW don't read NY and vice versa. And nobody but Texans read Texas. So I shall start my own personal Kindle threads in each locale. In the great tradition of Cheesecake Lady, who showed us the way, I will also begin Kindle threads in "On Screen" "What's That Got to do With Anything" and "Goodbye."

I will expect others to do the same.

I for one will not be satisfied until we have tenfold as many kindle threads as members with interest. Thanking you, in advance

I see no reason why we should limit it there.

One per person, per topic forum, I say.

After all, people in the PNW don't read NY and vice versa. And nobody but Texans read Texas. So I shall start my own personal Kindle threads in each locale. In the great tradition of Cheesecake Lady, who showed us the way, I will also begin Kindle threads in "On Screen" "What's That Got to do With Anything" and "Goodbye."

I will expect others to do the same.

Jaymes, a true American hero and role model! I salute you, Hootie!

I know lots of people with Treos, Blackberries, iPhones, iPods. I know some literate folks. But I don't know anybody with a Kindle. How many have actually been sold?

if you count the one that bezos gave oprah, nearly 1

I know lots of people with Treos, Blackberries, iPhones, iPods. I know some literate folks. But I don't know anybody with a Kindle. How many have actually been sold?

Yeah, but she's got a book club.

I saw someone reading one on the subway. It's kind of wild looking - it's very flat, almost clip-board looking, although smaller.

I saw someone reading one on the subway. It's kind of wild looking - it's very flat, almost clip-board looking, although smaller.

ok, that's two