Squeat Mungry

Space Heaters

We have two oscillating Patton heaters. Multiple heat settings. Easily heated a converted and lightly insulated 10 by 15 porch in NJ.

Our Lasko fan always felt lightweight, but it lasted for years.

they are insanely priced but i like the dyson space heaters. i'm hoping to the price goes down next year. the patton are nice and more reasonably priced

Abby, thanks for bringing this back up! I never thought about getting a space heater because my desk is very close to the radiator. But some days that's just not enough.

We have 2 - a Lasko and a Utilitech that I bought at Lowe's last winter. Both are small models, about 18 inches high, that can be set to oscillate. They look almost like twins.

They work fine. About the only difference between them is that the Lasko has a digital thermostat so you can set it for a specific temperature. The other one has a dial marked with dots. This is a little tricky to set but once you have the right setting you tend not to fiddle with it. Both have a low and high fan setting.

They both cost less than $30 each.

I just got some non-heating Dyson air purifiers, since the price went down. They are like insanely good -- and make a real difference.

Since you posted this, I bought one at the reduced price.

I'm hoping to relieve our apartment from the cigarette smells that come from my insane next-door-neighbor.

Are you using one to keep cooking odors down?

THis is my second winter with my Vornado. It can warm my whole apartment. I love it.

THis is my second winter with my Vornado. It can warm my whole apartment. I love it.

The Vornado puts out an extraordinary amount of heat.

Nevermind. I found how to go to the US site and read a bit more. The Canadian site doesn't sell the filters.

How long does a filter last before being changed? It must depend on how it's used, but in general? Once a year? Once every six months?

There was this TV commercial for little plug in space heaters, and if you called now they would give you a second one for free but you had to call now.

In February I will wish I had.