HBO's Entourage

I'm pretty much a sucker for most of HBO's programing- "Six Feet Under", of course " Sopranos", and most recently "Deadwood", but I adore "Entourage". Maybe because I live here and have been close to the film business for so long, but they've really got the fast lane roller coaster ride down cold.

For those who haven't seen it, "Entourage" is about a hot, up and coming actor making his way thru the Hollywood high life. Along for the ride are his childhood buddies from Queens, who are helping him 'keep it real' as he navigates his way. There's the obnoxious asshole agent (Jeremy Pivens), the acid tongue publicist (Debi Mazar), the has been actor- brother (Kevin Dillon, absolutely hysterical), still trading on his days from Melrose Place. Val Kilmer recently showed up as a gun - toting sherpa with the best dope in town. And it stars my favorite piece of eye candy - Adrian Grenier-so beautiful -who plays it as it lays.

After the agita of "Six Feet Under" this show cracks me up.

Anyone else a fan?

I haven't seen it, but too have been sucked into HBO programming with Carnival, Six Feet Under and Sopranos. I couldn't get into Deadwood. For one reason or another it seemed as though it was a show that tried to pack in so many ways to get the word 'fuck' into the script.

I'll try to catch an episode. :D

It's got me slightly, tenuously hooked.  Some things funnier than others.  My wife is boycotting it.

After a few amuse bouches, I'm with your wife. I don't want to care about any of these characters.

More like amuse yeux, no? or amuse cerveaux, ideally :D

It's got me slightly, tenuously hooked.  Some things funnier than others.  My wife is boycotting it.

After a few amuse bouches, I'm with your wife. I don't want to care about any of these characters.

I understand. It's just that I know these people, some as characters and some in real life.

(Some I wish I didn't). :D

I think it's a wicked spin on life in the Hollywood fast lane, with a lot of it truer than it pretends.

• 9 months later...

With the Six Feet Under new season now two episodes underway I thought it might be time to revive this thread. I'll admit that last week's season premiere left me frustrated--it was disjointed and there was a little too much fancy camera work and editing for my taste. But last night: Whoa. Did anyone else see this? It was so profound. Depressing as hell, and loaded with foreboding, but so real and adept at expressing the way that people talk and think about themselves and their lives. This is just amazing writing and acting. The entire cast is so good, and while Peter Krause's character drives me nuts he does such a fine job.

Entourage fans might enjoy the Entourage package at the Palms in Las Vegas. Skinny dipping with celebs prob not included

For $2,500 a night on weekdays and $3,500 on weekends, the suite package includes a stay in a two-bedroom penthouse, a Motorola RAZR phone, an XBOX gaming console and games, Absolut and Jack Daniels bottles, Ben Sherman clothing, use of a 2006 Mercedes Benz M Class, and the "Entourage" Season 1 DVD Pack.

Second one down

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top, as Entourage has been firing on all cylinders on their current, second season. Jeremy Piven may not win an Emmy this year (for the not quite as good first season) but if he doesn't win next year for last night's tour-de-force episode, it will be a crime. It felt like a season finale -- I'm glad there's one more episode, but really wish there were going to be 12 more sooner than later.