The list at the Chron.

Of the three I've been to, I'd have to concur with the choices of Perbacco and SPQR. I must have missed something at Cafe Majestic. Sigh. I suppose I will have to go back, after all, to give it another chance.

I've been meaning to get to Ducca for some time, as I've heard nothing but praise. (Laiola sounds quite nice, but I'm just not sure whether I can go to dinner in the Marina...)

As usual, I know nothing about the restaurants that aren't in the City.

Guest Aaron T

I've been to Ubuntu and was impressed, although I was very full. An enormous radish was brought out from the kitchen, prior to being cooked (like a beautiful whole fish or bird) for us to see, and was then prepared and portioned in the kitchen. At the time I thought it a precious touch, but did exemplify the ambition of the place. I did appreciate that none of the dishes were "mock meat" - everything showcased the variety possible within the limitations of a vegetarian cuisine, delivering a knockout punch to the tired old grilled vegetable plate.