No internal CD/DVD.

I never use mine other than to watch an occasional video.

The Guided Tour explains how to load software wirelessly - even from a PC.

That's fine until your hard disk crashes and you need to boot a CD for disk repairs.

Geee... I've had a Mac for 30+ years and have never had to do that. Is that a PC process? :cool:

You're lucky. It's certainly happened to me with Macs, although less since they switched to Unix. fsck, erm, rocks.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If size and weight of a laptop are the most important things to you, then this might make sense. But really not for any other reason. Maybe purely for travel, in addition to a bigger machine, but I w

I think I may have to get me one of those.

Edit: Cathy and I do our mind-meld once again.

My thought exactly when I saw the notices today.

My thoughts as well -- except that I've only had my MacBook Pro for six or eight months and am having a hard time justifying it. It *might* be something for the company to buy though.... :ph43r:

No internal CD/DVD.

But it should allow remote installation or cd burning to a separate drive or mac with a drive wirelessly. Not sure if it will be an elegant solution but owning with multiple macs it still seems like an attractive new toy to me. Think I'm gonna get me one

I'm just trying to talk myself out of buying one.

certainly there will be an external drive available. And movies you can download wirelessly. No doubt download hotspots will spring up everywhere

No internal CD/DVD.

But it should allow remote installation or cd burning to a separate drive or mac with a drive wirelessly. Not sure if it will be an elegant solution but owning with multiple macs it still seems like an attractive new toy to me. Think I'm gonna get me one

certainly there will be an external drive available. And movies you can download wirelessly. No doubt download hotspots will spring up everywhere

Get thee behind me splinky.

No internal CD/DVD.

Get thee behind me splinky.

you know you can't live without one

no user-replaceable battery... that's dumb for a laptop intended for traveling, no?

That's an interesting question -- I always travel with a charger and have never carried a replacement battery.

What do others do?

The theory is that you should change your battery every year or so. I don't. I just suffer with the decaying battery life.

This is not about utility. This is about iConsume.

I don't know. If you have to use a computer all the time, it makes sense to use a well designed and reliable one with a decent operating system. Hence the desirability of Macs.