Doc Martens. The mundane.

Reminds me...This is true...When we had Professor Ian Mcdonald, "Ambassador for British neurology", round for dinner he and I spoke about ironing. It was fascinating (honest).

was he for or against?

For.

Sad to think of him. He had a stroke in his early 70s and died, just recently.

Oh, another one. He had a garden party and one of the guests fell down the stairs. I saw Prof Mcdonald take out the yellow pages and look up, saying, "er what's it called, under A...., right, ambulance".

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Within the last 6 months or so, I've been walking down the street, with a narrow pavement, and Steven Spielberg in a group of adults and children has been coming up. Both times, I caught his eye and s

your ellen barkin sighting reminds me of my ron perelman sighting. he nearly fell onto me as he tripped down the steps of his townhouse. i was saved from being crushed under him when his security shov

For.   Sad to think of him. He had a stroke in his early 70s and died, just recently.   Oh, another one. He had a garden party and one of the guests fell down the stairs. I saw Prof Mcdonald ta

i have a regular appointment where i see jim dale, the actor. it took me a few times to recognize him, being nyc noone ever lets on that they recognize him. he's friendly but quiet and fades right into the background. so different from his stage persona.

Ed Koch stepped on my picnic blanket at a Mozart in the Park concert (back in the early 80s). I was surprised at how tall he is.

Yeah I ran into Koch in a movie line one time. The height was kind of intimidating.

Continuing with the Ed Koch theme - he sometimes shops at Fairway. We've chatted over carrots.

Walked past Kim Cattrall on Boxing Day just a few blocks from my apartment. She's very tiny. Much shorter than I thought she was.

Years ago, my mom and I were walking down a busy downtown street, (Robson Street for those that know Vancouver) and this man stopped right in front of my mom and bent down to pick something up. She walked into him and snapped "Watch what you're doing asshole!" He stood up, turned around and it was Corbin Bernson.

Walked past Kim Cattrall on Boxing Day just a few blocks from my apartment. She's very tiny. Much shorter than I thought she was.

Years ago, my mom and I were walking down a busy downtown street, (Robson Street for those that know Vancouver) and this man stopped right in front of my mom and bent down to pick something up. She walked into him and snapped "Watch what you're doing asshole!" He stood up, turned around and it was Corbin Bernson.

wow. how did she know it was him, even before he stood up and turned around?

I have lots of these due to Ginny's work. But my favorite non-Ginny moment came when I entered my co-op elevator (it's only a 17 unit building and we all know each other) and Jessye Norman entered behind me, followed by David Dinkins. Turns out they're both friends of one of my neighbors. Wound up meeting them again at her holiday party several months later.

I've already told my Mick Jagger nude story so I wont repeat it. But I've played squash with Norman Mailer & Frank Stella (separately of course) and basketball with Earl Monroe, Dean Meminger and Tiny Archibald. Had a soda with Lew Alcinder (yep, he was Lew Alcinder then). Was at a concert at the Bottom Line (cant remember who was playing) and looked at the next table to find Bob Dylan sitting there with Neil Young.