S met the alert T-shirt vendor yesterday. Apparently he has moved his location further downtown, or maybe that's where he is daytime. Anyway, she recognized him from the news.

S: "Hey, are you that guy who alerted the cop to the smoking car?"

V, proudly: "Yes!"

S: "Thank you!"

V, with a big grin: "You're welcome!"

See someone, thank someone.

One of the nicest stories I've heard - and thank S for thanking the vendor.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Within the last 6 months or so, I've been walking down the street, with a narrow pavement, and Steven Spielberg in a group of adults and children has been coming up. Both times, I caught his eye and s

your ellen barkin sighting reminds me of my ron perelman sighting. he nearly fell onto me as he tripped down the steps of his townhouse. i was saved from being crushed under him when his security shov

For.   Sad to think of him. He had a stroke in his early 70s and died, just recently.   Oh, another one. He had a garden party and one of the guests fell down the stairs. I saw Prof Mcdonald ta

Thanks Wilf, but your response leads me to another question. I've heard that wikipedia is not reliable since virtually anyone can change the information. Is that true?

We have a couple of threads touching on this.

In short, yes, most of the thousands of articles on Wikipedia can be changed at any time by anyone with access to a computer, so emptor had better caveat. Some high profile and contentious articles can be changed only by registered editors - but anyone can register. It remains a convenient site when it comes to providing simple informational links.

Thanks Wilf, but your response leads me to another question. I've heard that wikipedia is not reliable since virtually anyone can change the information. Is that true?

We have a couple of threads touching on this.

In short, yes, most of the thousands of articles on Wikipedia can be changed at any time by anyone with access to a computer, so emptor had better caveat. Some high profile and contentious articles can be changed only by registered editors - but anyone can register. It remains a convenient site when it comes to providing simple informational links.

Thanks again.

A triple header this past Saturday. Jeremy Piven parking a motorcycle in front of Da Silvano (how many data points pointing to 'douchebag' in that sentence, huh?). He's quite petite. On lower Fifth, actress Melora Walters (the wacky sister-in-law on Big Love) who is very petite and was wearing fabulous bright green shoes. Then on Ninth Avenue near my apartment Rosario Dawson, who is just gorgeous, on the arm of a funny-looking geeky guy.

And yesterday on Bowery we strolled past Nick Stahl.

You're incredible Daisy - wow.

I know I'm totally out of the loop when I read your posts in this thread. I'm sure all those people are famous, but truth be told, I never heard of any of them and don't know who they are.

Time and tide have passed me by.

She hasn't posted it but Yvonne bumped into Steven Spielberg's new puppy the other day.

And very cute. He's called Pepper and looks like a tiny, tiny version of GG's Macy.

Good name :)

I know I'm totally out of the loop when I read your posts in this thread. I'm sure all those people are famous, but truth be told, I never heard of any of them and don't know who they are.

Me too. Add to that living in a different country with our own little-known celebs. Most of the "famous" people I see are politicians and of very little interest to anyone, including their own constituents.

But I did recognize Giada!

Me too. Add to that living in a different country with our own little-known celebs. Most of the "famous" people I see are politicians and of very little interest to anyone, including their own constituents.

But I did recognize Giada!

Me three. I don't know who anyone anyone talks about is anymore. I had to Google to find out who Lady Gaga is, and I've already forgotten. Warhol's fifteen minutes seems to have turned into fifteen seconds (if that) for me. Excuse me while I go roll the bottoms of my trousers.

Me three. I don't know who anyone anyone talks about is anymore. I had to Google to find out who Lady Gaga is, and I've already forgotten.

Me four. I assumed that with that name, Lady Gaga was a drag queen.

Me three. I don't know who anyone anyone talks about is anymore. I had to Google to find out who Lady Gaga is, and I've already forgotten.

Me four. I assumed that with that name, Lady Gaga was a drag queen.

Closer to a drag queen impersonator.