Friends of Colombian Orphans

We're live! Thanks to cstuart, Friends of Colombian Orphans is up and running. Inspired by our Christmas trip, we're setting up a 501c3 so we can continue working with Ciudadela and other Colombian orphanages.

The site's 'Projects' section documents what we were able to accomplish with all the wonderful support from our MF friends; check out the link to Christmas 2007 for some great photos (more to come). And watch for updates on current and future projects too.

Most important, there is a Paypal link for donations. Every cent donated goes to fund projects. Installation of new windows in the dorms is well under way, and we're looking forward to many more repairs and refurbishments.

For those in NY, we're planning our first-ever fundraising event on Saturday, March 15, when Jane and Nataly are in town. Details are still evolving but we'll likely be at The Redhead (349 E. 13th between 1st and 2nd) from 3 to 6 PM. A raffle is a strong possibility. Come by and say hello!

2209204129_a2d648d677.jpg

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot imagine how excited Nataly is about this trip. Back in August 2006 I promised her a trip to the big city when her English was good enough to be understood.

I am also excited that I will finally get to meet some of my NY/NJ mouthfuls friends. ( I hope!! )

Yes, thanks to cstuart. It is still a work in progress. That poor man: every day we think about something else that we would like on the site. He has been very patient with us so far.

Speaking of patience, everyone's thank you letters are in the process of being written. We are also waiting on the production of the CD of our trip that you all are going to receive. I think there is even a photo of Cathy's butt there, but I'm not sure! Worth waiting for!

I think there is even a photo of Cathy's butt there, but I'm not sure! Worth waiting for!

Um, clad in jeans, I hope. :unsure:

I would guess so! I understand that the other one is being held back for the auction in March :rolleyes:

You cannot imagine how excited Nataly is about this trip. Back in August 2006 I promised her a trip to the big city when her English was good enough to be understood.

I am also excited that I will finally get to meet some of my NY/NJ mouthfuls friends. ( I hope!! )

Nataly's excited? What about us!