Friends of Colombian Orphans

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look at that! Isn't that something? I asked a couple of friends to tweet. One friend sent the link to another who has a following of a couple thousand people. I never thought I'd ask someone to "tweet". I'm a believer.

Well look at that! Isn't that something? I asked a couple of friends to tweet. One friend sent the link to another who has a following of a couple thousand people. I never thought I'd ask someone to "tweet". I'm a believer.

I got Susan Orleans, Ayelet Waldman, and a handful of others with over a thousand followers to Retweet—including a friend who was herself adopted. I believe in the Tweet!

That is awesome, Tana.

I can't even begin to process this last week. It's been very,very strange. Unplanned, spontaneous and truly amazing. I need to think about this.

It's kinda scary because most of us are heading into the night, while Africa is just waking up.

Think I'll send out another quick reminder to my folks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Partners-Fac...74322685?v=info

Partners Facilitating African Development (PFAD) is a nonprofit organization that operates under the umbrella of the West Des Moines Community Schools Foundation, a 501©(3) entity.

It's a pretty young group, not sure if they have the social network connections yet or if they're really organized. "Under the umbrella" probably means they haven't formed their own non-profit yet, so Wes Des Moines Community Schools Foundation "adopted" them.

http://www.wdmcs.org/foundation/ link the West Des Moines Community Schools Foundation. Doesn't look like they're based in Africa.

It's kinda scary because most of us are heading into the night, while Africa is just waking up.

I am not worried at all.

They're on top of it.

No ballot stuffing! Just about 1000 votes in front.

Our business is making Christmas dinner for 700 people at one of our schools today, so I won't be on a computer. Check back with you later when it's all over.

Thanks for helping with this, AND being such good sports!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Partners-Fac...74322685?v=info

Partners Facilitating African Development (PFAD) is a nonprofit organization that operates under the umbrella of the West Des Moines Community Schools Foundation, a 501©(3) entity.

It's a pretty young group, not sure if they have the social network connections yet or if they're really organized. "Under the umbrella" probably means they haven't formed their own non-profit yet, so Wes Des Moines Community Schools Foundation "adopted" them.

http://www.wdmcs.org/foundation/ link the West Des Moines Community Schools Foundation. Doesn't look like they're based in Africa.

Looks like it isn't going to matter, thank goodness. But I knew they weren't based in Africa. I was fearful that they had connections in Africa, just like we have connections in Colombia.

But it definitely seems this morning as though they can't catch up, even though they did gain on us during the night.

Don't want to dump the Gatorade over Foodie52's head too soon, but it is looking pretty swell, eh?