Friends of Colombian Orphans

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. It's really a challenge to be such a small outfit, up against some Goliaths. We don't have a PR team, a volunteer pool or money for marketing. I can't generate 3.000 votes.

No, it's not fair, but hey, that's life. And we're working as hard as we can to make a small difference in a few people's lives.

With your help.

I came up with an idea that I hope is brilliant: a Get Out The Vote Click-A-Thon during the final hours of the contest. I'm going to ask friends to host them at their homes - where two or three gather, it's a party! Everyone will bring laptops and spend a few hours reminding friends to ask a friend to vote.

During the last few hours of the ebay contest, votes shot up for most of the charities, and I know that will be happening in this one. If we can get a couple dozen people in all parts of the world to spend a few hours clicking for us, we can stay in the race. I can be available through Skype to thank volunteers. I need to find host voters for this event.

And I need to figure out exactly when the contest ends. It appears to be a Tuesday? Am I right?

Thank you. This is the injection of confidence that I need right now. We only got 8 votes today, which means we shall have slipped way down on the leader board. I'm dreading seeing it in half an hour.

I don't understand why, if you are on Facebook and you have your info out there, that you would balk at liking another app, albeit a bank. I'm going to ask for $5 donations instead: maybe we can raise money to keep going in Bogota that way.

Thank you for your help , tsquare. You're holding me up right now.

Hey, I figured out why the two cat charities (blind cats and rescue kittens) are in the top 25 charities.

THEY HAZ COMPUTERZ!!!!!!!

A $1000 employee grant showed up in the post office box: from RollGiving, the Fiji Water/Pom people. At the request of Gloria Ramirez. I don't know who that is.

A $1000 employee grant showed up in the post office box: from RollGiving, the Fiji Water/Pom people. At the request of Gloria Ramirez. I don't know who that is.

some people would say thank you. it sounds like you're annoyed by the donation