We go to Mission Pie once or twice a month for a slice when we're hanging around the area or to get a whole pie for a dinner party. Yesterday's purchase was a very good Pear-Raspberry pie, but I was very intrigued by the Shaker Lemon pie, which I had never seen before. I bought a slice, and MAN! This was a revelation. They use Meyer lemons--the whole lemon. I'm sure this isn't news to those familiar with this type of pie, but I'd never heard of it. Anyway, for anyone who likes lemon desserts, you have to try it. It was very intensely flavored and a perfect combination of tart and sweet. This will definitely make it to top bites of 2008.

We go to Mission Pie once or twice a month for a slice when we're hanging around the area or to get a whole pie for a dinner party. Yesterday's purchase was a very good Pear-Raspberry pie, but I was very intrigued by the Shaker Lemon pie, which I had never seen before. I bought a slice, and MAN! This was a revelation. They use Meyer lemons--the whole lemon. I'm sure this isn't news to those familiar with this type of pie, but I'd never heard of it. Anyway, for anyone who likes lemon desserts, you have to try it. It was very intensely flavored and a perfect combination of tart and sweet. This will definitely make it to top bites of 2008.

My wife's birthday is on Valentines day. She loves lemon desserts. thanks for the great idea! You have officially saved my bacon!

My wife's birthday is on Valentines day. She loves lemon desserts. thanks for the great idea! You have officially saved my bacon!

I would check to see how long they'll be making this pie (I assume as long as Pie Ranch has Meyer lemons). If you can catch Joe at Destination Baking, he'd be the best person to tell you. Maybe call now to put in an order or something (???). Good luck!!