Some woman posted on Nextdoor, the neighborhood Internet forum, asking if planes were using a different takeoff trajectory because of the tremendous increase in jet noise and flyovers.  It’s FLEET WEEK, Lady!!!   What rock are you living under?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, voyager said:

Some woman posted on Nextdoor, the neighborhood Internet forum, asking if planes were using a different takeoff trajectory because of the tremendous increase in jet noise and flyovers.  It’s FLEET WEEK, Lady!!!   What rock are you living under?

don't worry. she probably called their manager and had them all fired

• 2 weeks later...

I usually eat Trader Joe's or Fage nonfat Greek yogurt. The other day, I bought Whole Foods 365 Greek yogurt, and I was amazed at how good it was. Because I got the full fat kind by mistake.

This happened to me once before when I drank a regular instead of a diet Pepsi.

56 minutes ago, small h said:

I eat the same amount. I actively dislike some full fat products, like milk, because it tastes too thick to me. And I guess I have a taste for spackle.

Me too.  Now, even 2% yogurt is a little on the rich side for me.

Add me to the Fage Yogurt 0 fat list. It tastes fine to me.  Unless @Anthony Bonner has eaten spackle, how can he say that’s what non-fat Fage tastes like?  It reminds of when Wells said that the EMP beets tasted like Lemon  Pledge. Commenters questioned that comparison since no sane person would eat Pledge.

I’ve never tried the full-fat Fage. I’m going to try it to see how it compares with the 0. I’m also going to try the full-fat Whole Foods 365 @small hmentioned.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's my subliminal desire for spring. Or for the MLB to get it its act together so there will be a baseball season, but this morning I got on the wrong train at 125th street and ended up at Yankee Stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Somehow I got it into my head that my dad's yahrzeit (anniversary of his death) began last night. Circled in in my calendar as the last time I was able to say kaddish in a synagogue for him was in 2019 (in 2020, the yahrzeit was a week after we went into lockdown) and I was determined to commemorate it appropriately. Went to shul last night and this morning only realize that the yahrzeit actually begins after sundown TONIGHT!!!!