My worst ever sunburn — and if you haven’t heard this one, it’s funny — I got at the Calle Ocho festival in Miami. No sunscreen and once you were in the crowd, you were in for hours with no shade.

Thing is, I was in town for a trial, back in my law days, and I had thought it would be cool to wear a cream seersucker suit in court. So there I was with a brilliant red face sitting on top a cream suit like a cherry on a sundae. Apparently it was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Worst sunburn: I was twelve-ish and on a multi-family camping/boating trip at Round Valley Reservoir in NJ, where me and my bestie R. had the brilliant idea to take the kayaks out to the middle of the water, stretch out on top of them, and nap. Among other horrors, my eyelids swelled up so much I could barely see.

Since we're telling worst sunburn stories...moved to Santa Barbara in 1976.  Santa Barbara has a famous nude clothing optional beach, More Mesa. 

We couldn't get there fast enough...by the way, from those pics, there was a lot more beach back then., but don't fuck with the sea.  Anyway, there are body parts, not normally exposed to the sun, which get very burnt. And very painful.

19 hours ago, voyager said:

(Someday maybe I'll post our then-5 year old grand-daughter's comment on size comparisons at a clothes-optional resort they stayed at.)

Remember; the Pacific, even in Santa Barbara, is quite chilly.

• Haha 1

The burn I got at Fenway Park was bad enough, but at least I didn't get heatstroke along with it, unlike the little episode I had during the 1993 LGBT March on Washington.  It was unusually hot for April and my group was waiting for hours in the sun to march.  Given the time of year, I hadn't thought to bring sunscreen, and I don't think I had water on me.  Needless to say, I had to drop out of the march after a while thanks to the sunburn (face, again) and heatstroke.

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...

On the first morning of this long weekend I decided to fill the time by sharpening my knives. I did so, smugly reflecting that the $200 Michel Bras honing steel I had once been gifted as an “influencer” is really effective.

This evening I cut myself slicing lemons.