• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The bag of mints I bought at See's didn't make it into my backpack. I got so distracted by picking my free chocolate that I must have left it on the counter. 🙄

4 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

The bag of mints I bought at See's didn't make it into my backpack. I got so distracted by picking my free chocolate that I must have left it on the counter. 🙄

I have always loved that they give the freebie. They even do it here at the See's in Greenwich Village.

9 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Clue: I always dither when choosing the freebie and tell them I'm trying to pick it for my husband.    And/but they always insist I take one also for me.  

Would love to hear versions of “God Save the Queen,” “Blitzkrieg Bop,” “Jet Boy,” “No Fun,” “That’s Alright,” “I Walk the Line,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Hey Joe,” “Tutti Frutti,” “Lights Out,” “Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs,” “Fuck Tha Police,” “Beds are Burning,” “Free Nelson Mandela,” “Kick Out the Jams” and “Everyday People” tempered by age and experience.

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2022/07/pretenders-nick-lowe-elvis-costello-rock-nostalgia/661477/?utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I walked past Cortlandt Alley today and noticed the sign for Au Cheval. When I got home I looked up the menu out of curiosity. “This doesn’t look right, where are the fancy seafood dishes?”

I had thought I was looking up Mena’s menu because there can only be one restaurant in the alley,  right? Even though I know perfectly well what Au Cheval is - when I stop to think.

So I went over to Mena’s website and of course it closed yesterday, as everyone else here knows.

Here's a question for you:  what neighborhood is Cortlandt Alley in?

Everyone -- including me -- would knee-jerk to Tribeca.  But it isn't, as it's east of Broadway.

But you couldn't call that Chinatown.  Or could you?

So I’m sitting in our car in a mall parking while Michael is at Apple because he has a problem with his iPad. So with nothing else to do, I Googled Cortlandt Alley’s location and found that it’s “claimed” by both Tribeca and Chinatown. 

P.S. They’re giving him a new iPad and are now setting it up.