• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

A newsletter from a wine merchant tells me:

The personalities of Bourgogne are as varied as their producers and, of course, their terroir - the essential and potential, respectively. The same holds true for all of Burgundy, but especially with Bourgogne where the producer's commitment to quality delivers delicious distinction.

Bourgogne - your destination in Burgundy! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I figured that the best place to source ingredients for pad (or, indeed, pat) thai would be Chinatown. Not the best call, completely forgot that it's Chinese new year's eve. Absolutely mobbed, queues to get into the supermarkets. Queues round the place to pay. Doh!

The craziness was already up a notch last weekend in NYC Chinatown - lai see envelopes, bull trinkets, sound recordings of firecrackers. All in fourth gear today - the street vendors have switched from cheap belts and mobile phone chargers to bunches of pussywillow and peach blossom branches.

Guest Aaron T

I only found out yesterday that the price of postage went up last May. Oops. I don't mail but a couple of things a month, so was still using my super heroes stamps that are $0.41 each. I went inside a post office to drop off a bill (rent check) and saw that stamps were $0.42. Who knew? Lucky for me, I have never had anything returned for the $0.01 of insufficient postage.

In an effort to save the tablespoon of cleaner still in the old spray bottle I managed to drop the new bottle whilst unscrewing the top thus spilling half the contents onto the floor.

I only found out yesterday that the price of postage went up last May. Oops. I don't mail but a couple of things a month, so was still using my super heroes stamps that are $0.41 each. I went inside a post office to drop off a bill (rent check) and saw that stamps were $0.42. Who knew? Lucky for me, I have never had anything returned for the $0.01 of insufficient postage.

Hey, me too! I discovered it a couple of weeks ago when I (finally) needed to buy more stamps and looked at the receipt. I guess they decided that 1 penny wasn't worth going after.

I've heard a rumor that the rate is going up again soon. So load up on "forevers" if you can.

But who is the dingbat in this case? :unsure:

Hey, me too! I discovered it a couple of weeks ago when I (finally) needed to buy more stamps and looked at the receipt. I guess they decided that 1 penny wasn't worth going after.

I've heard a rumor that the rate is going up again soon. So load up on "forevers" if you can.

But who is the dingbat in this case? :unsure:

It's true. In May, it's going up to 44 cents.