Oh that was well worth loading up. I love the charts. I hadn't previously seen the contemporary branding of Pepsi as a natural evolution of the mathematical work of Pythagoras, Euclid and Descartes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Yesterday was my parents' anniversary. I forgot to call.

I did that ONCE when I was in college and they lived in Germany. I was in the shit between work and classes and the time difference, but my mother was not very understanding about it. I don't think I'll ever forget again. ;)

That's interesting, we treat our anniversary as a personal celebration just between the two of us. It would seem odd to include others in that celebration. I suppose there might be a reason for the big anniversaries (silver, gold, ruby) but not for every year.

That's interesting, we treat our anniversary as a personal celebration just between the two of us. It would seem odd to include others in that celebration. I suppose there might be a reason for the big anniversaries (silver, gold, ruby) but not for every year.

Our family followed the British tradition in these things. Quite sensible.

We have trouble remembering our own anniversary.
I'd be screwed if I had to remember the exact date (actually it's engraved on the inside of my ring, so not too bad). However, we got married the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and made the decision up front to just celebrate our anniversary over the course of that weekend.

Well, it's not like they were expecting gifts. But on a day that has some importance for my existence too, a phone call would have been thoughtful. Ah well.

Well, it's not like they were expecting gifts. But on a day that has some importance for my existence too, a phone call would have been thoughtful. Ah well.

Yeah, I see what you mean, horses for courses though. You'ld have been well in trouble though if they had been 'celebrating their marriage' ;) when you called.

Ours is a month after Christmas which, as it turns out, is also Robbie Burns Day. We didn't realize that until, stopping in a pub for a quick pint before dinner, someone started piping in a haggis.

Ours is a month after Christmas which, as it turns out, is also Robbie Burns Day. We didn't realize that until, stopping in a pub for a quick pint before dinner, someone started piping in a haggis.

Piping in a haggis? :unsure:

Piping in a haggis? :unsure:

Something like this

itMnAin3Lxw

It IS the chieftain o' the puddin' race, you know.