We have trouble remembering our own anniversary.

We always would ask our mothers.

But then our mothers died. We were in an awkward position, but then, fortunately (in this respect), my wife died, so the pressure on both of us was off.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

Ours is a month after Christmas which, as it turns out, is also Robbie Burns Day. We didn't realize that until, stopping in a pub for a quick pint before dinner, someone started piping in a haggis.

Piping in a haggis? :unsure:

basically it's a warning to clear the room. the scots have a wonderful sense of fair play

Ours is a month after Christmas which, as it turns out, is also Robbie Burns Day. We didn't realize that until, stopping in a pub for a quick pint before dinner, someone started piping in a haggis.

Piping in a haggis? :unsure:

It's the latest haggis delivery system, they have a series of pipes connected to Haggis Central that delivers the product straight to your local pubs. Foosh! Plop! Ready to go.

My first thought was of someone playing bagpipes inside a giant haggis.

Now, there's a cry for help.

I haven't had coffee today.

That thought did cross my mind, but then I rationalized it to someone piping the filling into a haggis. I couldn't reconcile that as a spectator sport.

Squeat, perhaps we can get group counseling?

• 2 weeks later...

25appe.600.jpg

It’s true that without the skins, sausages don’t have the juicy snap of biting into the end of a good kielbasa (or hot dog for that matter). But I’d be able to put them together in the same amount of time it would take to make a burger...

For the merguez, I chose to form them into long cigar shapes instead of patties, for aesthetic reasons. Looks are important when it comes to skinless sausages. Make big fat patties and you’ve got what amounts to intensely seasoned hamburgers.

That doesn't sound bad at all.