• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

This is a bit like when I am looking for eyeglasses, and then realize I am wearing them.

Oh, to take care of that, I usually have my computer (1/2-distance) glasses on and my outside glasses on top of my head. 'Coz I've gone out of the house too many times with the computer ones on and then gotten a headache from trying to look across the street.

Ah, I have started wearing the other glasses on top of my head too. The desperate thing is when I am trying to read something, and can't make it out, and start thinking I need another eye test, before realizing I am wearing my distance glasses.

Ah, I have started wearing the other glasses on top of my head too. The desperate thing is when I am trying to read something, and can't make it out, and start thinking I need another eye test, before realizing I am wearing my distance glasses.

While there is something charming about this two pair image, you could just get progressives.

I use the contact lens solution for this problem. One eye corrects for long sightedness, the other for short, and your brain sorts it out.

Doesn't really work for driving though, no idea how close that other driver/cyclist really is.

While there is something charming about this two pair image, you could just get progressives.

Amazing, I had never thought of that... :rolleyes:

No, I tried progressives, I tried bifocals, and both were a disaster.

i always end up taking my progressives off, in order to read.

You can get progressives with multiple zones in lightweight lenses. It's about a 2 week adjustment period. Then, you don't look back. Just sayin'.

Lasik works.

Lasik works.

Define works. Sounds like in Wilf's case that would only eliminate one pair of specs.

all day long, i kept hearing this annoying chirping noise but ciouldn't figure out what it was or from where it was coming. 10 hours later i realize it was the battery alarm on the carbon monoxide detector that i thought was hardwired like the fire alarm. oh well, we can't all be rocket scientists