• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something which could go in the Cheerful or Annoying category, but I think we need a niche for just good old air-headery.   One of the morning news shows featured a discussion of last night

Yes Wilf. Montrous commentary. I will not say anymoore because I'll be violating some our mores.

AAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

They were covered in that Blovie nested a dirty frying pan into the pot (this is why he forgot to refrigerate them). I made him toss them (it was too painful for me to do), particularly since they were mostly intended for the boy.

I dropped a 50lb dumbbell on my right ring finger. The dumbbell slipped from my hand, and my finger got caught between the dumbbell and the rack. Hurts like a mother trucker. It's definitely swollen and it bruised almost immediately, but I don't think it's broken. Maybe I can go on disability for a while since my job depends on the use of my hands, and it happened at the gym at work--does that count for workers comp?

I was going to nominate Edmund White for claiming that downtown New York in the late 70s was the birthplace of gonzo journalism and disposable art as well as punk rock. But I am going to be really charitable and read him as saying it saw the birth of punk rock AND had (already born) gonzo journalism and disposable art too.

Me. What on earth was I thinking when I suggested that we check out the Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park today? Between ye olde fried dough, soup in underbaked bread bowls, and $10 BBQ turkey leg purveyors, the "craft" booths selling kilts, sequined fans, plastic flower garlands, and flasks that could be hooked onto one's belt, the fake jousting, and the "Hey, guys" storytellers and off-key warbling of "troubadors" (not to mention the booths for such fine medieval merchants as State Farm Insurance), it was sure to raise my hackles. Add to that the festival goers who decided to dress "appropriately" in tricornes (so medieval!) and what I can only assume were Game of Thrones and Harry Potter knockoffs, and I went from enjoying a walk in the park on a sunny day to snarling. What could I have been thinking??